Thread: Adobe acrobat installation “Error 1327 Invalid Drive H”

Adobe acrobat installation “Error 1327 Invalid Drive H”

I amusing computer for the projects and also for the playing games, movies and many such things. I am using windows 7 with intel i3 processor with 2 GB ram and also having the 500gb hard disk space on it. Actually I am here for the solution I am getting in installing adobe acrobat it shows the error 1327 and also shows that drive H is invalid. I have drive H but it never ask for this drive. I am little bit confused please anybody can help me in getting out of this confusion. Please help me

Re: Adobe acrobat installation “Error 1327 Invalid Drive H”

This trouble might take place if you modify the drive letter of the hard drive wherever you installed the operating system, such as drive C, you utilize the Disk Administrator usefulness in Microsoft Windows NT 4.0. The trouble is due to the detail that to resolve the locations of a number of the folders you require on the way to set up Office utilize the keys of the registry. If you change the drive letter of the hard drive where you installed the operating system, the keys of the Registry Editor will refer to nonexistent folders and the installer will fail.

To correct this problem, use the Windows NT Disk Administrator utility to restore the original value of the drive letter of the hard disk. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Click the Start button, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools and then Disk Administrator.
    2. Click the right mouse key on the drive letter you desire to modify. From the shortcut menu and after that click assign drive letter.
    3. List, select the correct drive letter, and then click OK.
    4. If you are prompted to quit the Disk Administrator or to restart the computer, proceed as directed. When the computer restarts, rerun Office Setup.

For the solution I think you need to do the following which I have done to solve the problem of my friend I clicked right on the desktop and then go to the manage option. After this it gives me a new window from there I then go into storage in disk management and I clicked on my right window and select Change drive letter given the letter G to the drive when I restarted the installation find everything works well. I hope it will help you to get the solution.

I have found that the installer will malfunction if you don't have the proper Shell Folder Settings in the Windows Registry.

In the windows registry look for "HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" and look for any Item with "H:\" in the path. Temporary change the path to another folder on your local drive. Rerun you Adobe Install/Uninstall and you should get past this error message. Remember to put back the original path when you are completed.