Thread: Attempting to sync recopies the music file in the itunes library

Attempting to sync recopies the music file in the itunes library

So i have got a ipod classic and have loaded a few songs in it . But I have got an issue with it . Each time I make an attempt to sync, it recopies and replaces the old songs copied into it again after the sync and also the songs in it are also not of a particular order and it is also not like that the play list is recently been updated . The same thing happens again even if I unplug it and plug it back , has anybody from the forum faced this kind of issue, if you have please give me your suggestions , what measures you had followed to solve your issue ?

Re: Attempting to sync recopies the music file in the itunes library

I had faced a similar kind of issue but I had fewer number of songs than yours , but I think that does not matter , the thing that matter is the step to overcome the issue . I just viewed the titles of the songs which were being recopied then I observed the folder that contained those problematic and came to know that those songs had the year of the album nearby the name in bracket. I erased the albums from iTunes, removed the year from the music file that was there in the windows and then brought back by dragging them back to iTunes. It might be just erasing the files from iTunes and then you will have to just bring them back .

I have got more than 1000 songs in library of my itunes . If you want to know about the model I have an iPod Classic, of 120 GB l. Each time I sync, songs that have by now been synced will synchronized again and they are clearly visible and loads into the library while the syncing continues , then suddenly I thought of one resolution, I switched to the previous version, my issue was resolved automatically .

If anybody have any imminent idea about this into this. I do not wish to "manually administer music" since it is very tedious to keep track of what sorts of songs I have added and what I have not appended , I will face this issue because unlike you the size of my library is larger than yours , having such a huge iTunes music library. This had occurred plenty of l times. The above mentioned steps really work in for those you have a smaller library size but not for those who have a large one.