Thread: Unable to turn off the digital signature

Unable to turn off the digital signature

I am working on a windows 7 operating system and that too on the Intel’s core2 duo processor. I am also having an internet connection at home, now the thing is that whenever I try to download any of the application on my system then it is not letting me to do the same. Actually after troubleshooting I found that it is the digital signature that is not allowing me to download any application. And now I have decided to turn off the digital signature but really don’t know the proper way to do it. So please help me in turning off the digital signature.

Re: Unable to turn off the digital signature

Actually it happens that some of the applications are not allowed to be downloaded due to their location is from the untrusted source. You can solve this issue by just making the installation of the unsigned drivers. But the thing is that it may be risky of doing so because unsigned drives will let you to do the installation of the application which is not form the trusted source and that may really make your system to pay for it. I hope that this works for you but I still suggest you do the same if you are in extreme need.

I have gone through your issue and to solve the same you have to just go to start and then select the RUN option from it. Once the RUN is selected than you have to type “gpedit.msc” in it and then press enter after that you have to enable the code which is assigned for the Signed drivers. And now go to this locations “User Config/Admin Templ./System/Driver installation” and then a window will open in that you will find a dropbox so what you have to do is just set that dropbox to Ignore. I am sure that doing this will definitely help you to solve the issue.

Well If you are saying that it is the problem of digital signature than I am not agree with you, Actually if you are not able to download the application then there must be the security settings that are not allowing you to do it. The thing here is that if the applications are downloaded from any untrusted site then it is definite that they will be blocked. So if you really want to download those particular applications than you have to just disable the security settings. I am sure that this will help you to solve the issue.

If you want to disable the digital signature than here are the steps that will help you to do the same:
    • First of all click on the start button and then select All Programs
    • And then in All Programs you have to select the Accessories option and in that you will find command prompt
    • Now just right click on the command prompt and then select the option "Run as Administrator"
    • This will open the command prompt window and in that you have to just type “Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON” command
    • Make sure that you are not using the quotes while using this command.
    • Once this command is executed then the digital signature is disabled.