Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows 7 external display help?

Windows Software

Old 21-12-2010

question windows 7 external display help?

Hi all first post but to my issue i am having, I have a ASUS g60vx laptop with a nvidia gtx260m 1gb dedicated Vcard in it and I am trying to plug in my external monitor which is a viewsonic A70, I cant get the monitor to come on at all I went into the control panel and enabled multi display and even updated the drivers I reset the nvidia control panel to default and same with my bios, does anyone have any ideas? ( I also tried the Fn+f8 key which is my shortcut for changing it to crt.)

Old 21-12-2010

Re: windows 7 external display help?

This basically happens when your driver is outdated or your system is not able to detect the dual monitor support. When you connect the cable your screen flickers for some time. Then right click on desktop > properties > settings and from there you must be able to see the dual monitor. If that does not work then there will be issue with the cable or connection because your system is not able to find the connection. Try some display adapter.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,