Thread: sysprep: windows 7 will not start on reboot

sysprep: windows 7 will not start on reboot

I'm trying to clone 10 PCs in a school laboratory. I did fresh installation of Windows 7 32bit, installed a bit 'software, and got ready to clone. After stopping the sharing service Media Player (sysprep fails otherwise), I ran the command: sysprep / oobe / generalize. Playing with the "generalization" after a couple of minutes, without any warning or error or success by sysprep, the PC is turned off and then I cloned the entire disk with Clonezilla. I expected to restart the wizard for the first boot after the POST and instead I find myself with a black screen and no errors reported. I can only turn off the key of the case. I do not understand what the cause of this behavior but I think that should be attributed to sysprep. Windows had been activated, it was better not, ok, but since it was the first activity should not be important. The disc contains three partitions OEM, Windows and data. I searched the internet but have not found solutions yet. I need help.

Re: sysprep: windows 7 will not start on reboot

I have a good result in ideas. I changed the hard drive partitions. Now my system is on a primary partition, and is also the boot partition. The bin it works. So I think the problem is restarting, sysprep changes the drive letters and so it finds there's more balls. I hope this will be helpful to you and will help you to solve your issue. Try doing this.

I've only read the part of the article to which your (Anchor) link points.Here I noticed this oddity. Basically, the installation media influence but keep a (standard) WinPE, namely in the boot.wim. Why is produce so themselves? In my humble opinion this is for you not even relevant, because you want to use for the distribution is not WDS, but Acronis. So do the following things as I hope this will resolve your issue?
    • Master install
    • sysprep / audit / reboot
    • Adaptation of the Masters
    • sysprep / generalize / shutdown
    • Create Acronis Image
    • Acronis Image distribute

Well I think ultimately have understood where the problem comes. I can post in case others will be in the same situation as me. Sysprep erases the drive letters. Namely, the letter C is the active partition has data which in my case is not the system partition. The consequence is you have to resume the PC examine the setting up of windows it is unfinished to resolve my trouble; I made a writing that just previous to opening the reinstatement of the picture produce by sysprep, the active partition on my system. But the first start working again the right partition. There was indeed an article that talked about Microsoft's letter assignment, but I have not managed to implement it.