Thread: I have to installed periodically printer driver in windows 7

I have to install periodically printer driver in windows 7

In a corporate network with a domain's domain controller (W 2003 R2) which shares some printers. On clients with Windows 7 I have to periodically require to reinstall the drivers. Non-administrators cannot do it independently, so I have to go around the company to re-install 100 printers: very annoying. Who uses XP does not have this problem and also it is never asked to update the drivers ... why? I already tried to disable UAC, but ... nothing. Can anyone give me some idea? There would be very grateful?

Re: I have to installed periodically printer driver in windows 7

We believe that it is very annoying, if it is like this as you have mentioned in your post. The drivers in question are those which is provided by Windows 7? So in order to fix this have you tried to to install the latest version released by the manufacturer? And also try disabling the recommended updates on Windows Update. So just try some solutions which I have given over here I hope it will help you.

Actually in this suggesting the drivers involved were third parties, but it gives me so much the idea that compatibility issues. So in this have you tried to do a test with verifier? It may give some idea. So as it is given in to the previous post you just try it once I hope this will help you in order to get out from this annoying issue. I have visited many of the forum site and I have seen that most of the user tried this solution and they got the fix for their issue.

I have read the replies which are given here but I want little bit of more information so I can help you in a better way. In this I want to know that what model is your printer? Certificates in general should not give these problems, we feel that the driver is not certified and peace. Have you checked whether you can use another driver? I know, maybe if the printer is pcl find one that can go, maybe Microsoft just signed.

I have one solution regarding this issue so if you want then you can go for this. Try to force the loading of drivers do not certified. Open gpedit.msc on a PC, 'Administrative Templates', 'System', 'Driver Installation', 'Code Signing for Device Drivers'. Enable gpo and actions to be performed by the operating system to load an unsigned driver add "Ignore". Just go for this I am sure that you will l get the solution for this query.