Thread: RegSeeker deleted important keys for Windows Media Player

RegSeeker deleted important keys for Windows Media Player

I have a problem with Windows Media Player 12.0.7600.16415 Usually when I listen to music I have a plug-in ("Lyrics Plugin") which always used to see in the run screen, where normally there would be no effects, the lyrics I hear. The plug-in has always worked perfectly, so I do not think this is the problem. A few days ago I used RegSeeker, a program to clean the registry, but unfortunately I deleted my important keys for Windows Media Player, and I come to know this when I have opened the windows media player and there were no plug-in despite having tried to reinstall several times. Another thing is that when I go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ MediaPlayer \ and I struggle to open any key gives me an unexpected error, such as opening the Plug-in key just tells me "Cannot open plug-in and Access Denied. " Reading the details I have verified to have the Full Control permission on all major keys and I saw that I had all permits maximum, and then I do not understand what the problem is. Can you help?

Re: RegSeeker deleted important keys for Windows Media Player

The Windows Registry is a database that stores all the configuration settings that determine the appearance and behavior of Windows. Sometimes the settings are no longer needed are kept in the registry should they be used again in the future. This is perfectly normal and these data have a smaller size. Some products available for free on the Internet allow you to perform regular maintenance or cleaning of the registry. Although it may be that a registry system is damaged, usually the registry is able to cope with these occurrences. If you decide to install a means of cleaning the registry, make sure the origin of the product and download and install programs only trusted software authors. So this is I know and I hope this information will help you.

Some programs available for free on the Internet may contain spyware, adware or viruses. Download and install programs only from trusted software authors. Even if you believe that the Web site from which you download the program is reliable, it is important that the author of the program to be trusted.

For software author is a person or a company that creates software or software packages. The author may be the Web site from which you download a file or a software reseller. Before deciding whether to trust an author of software, ask yourself the following questions.
    • The software comes from a trusted source?
    • The software is really necessary?
    • How do I know that you need?
    • The software is digitally signed?

You should edit the registry, or only the known values for the amendment of which have received instructions from a trusted source. Remember to backup your registry before making any changes. So as I have told you that make sure that whatever the changes you are doing it is ok. And if it is not then you should have backup the previous registry key of this.