Thread: Aero through Remote Desktop from Snow Leopard

Aero through Remote Desktop from Snow Leopard

I think you might have heard about the Aero desktop feature in some of latest OS. It is an excellent graphical user interface feature with glass like borders for window pane. I heard that this feature is also enables on Windows Vista or 7. But it is not enabled by default. We need to manually enable it somehow. So how can I enable the Aero desktop theme so that I can able to catch the screenshots of User Interface. Is this really possible? How can I make use of Aero through remote desktop keen on a Vista or 7 machines from OS X Snow Leopard? I am just a beginner to Windows Vista and 7. So I good tips will be much helpful.

Re: Aero through Remote Desktop from Snow Leopard

The Aero is not supported on all versions of Windows. Aero must be supported by means of each one computer on both split ends of the RDC. The one thing I am sure about that you are capable of utilizes this feature in excess of a Remote Desktop connection if you’ve obtained the correct settings enabled lying on the client and also the server.To compose this exertion, you should have to ensure that you convene the preconditions-
    • Both machines must be running on identical Windows Version
    • The computer which you are running Remote Desktop client on must previously encompass Aero enabled.
    • The remote computer must be with 512mb of RAM, and Enterprise or Ultimate Edition of Windows Vista or 7.

So I think you cannot make it via Snow leopard.

I think it is not directly possible to use the Aero enabled Windows Vista and 7 from remote Snow leopard. In order to use this feature remotely you need to have same edition on both ends. But I think you preserve through somewhat called X forwarding. It is the window server for Linux/UNIX and also is distro machines, which holds representing windows. The utility themselves are clients of the window server. You be capable of obtain a small number of dissimilar X servers for Windows, but the simplest to setting up is the XMing wrap up. XMing comprises XLaunch, which assists you without difficulty to group the connection and afterward remotely beginning Wireshark. I think you can use this on OS x also. You can give a try on this.

There is one good and the best utility for this remote desktop feature. Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac initiates further than 70 new features and enrichments, contributing a computing familiarity that is:
    • occupied hold up for Aero in Windows Vista and 7 from end to end Windows WDDM driver, counting Aero Flip 3D
    • Virtual machine dimension involuntarily optimized for most excellent presentation with Parallels Compressor

Users can decide how greatly or slightly Windows they wish for to observe, from operating Windows in Full Screen mode wherever Windows totally wrap the Mac GUI to the innovative Crystal view mode which formulates Windows entirely vanish. Users are able to yet acquire a Mac-like understanding in their Windows applications, via the instinctive Apple Trackpad Gestures technology to smidgen, filch, and spin as they carry out in Mac applications.

I think to make use of Aero enabled in vista or 7 through Mac OS x snow leopard you can make use of any good or latest client service program. I heard that most of the new remote client program has included this feature. Did you try this option by the Apple Remote Desktop program? I think this inbuilt program supports Aero enabled Windows OS. Otherwise you can try Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.0.1. This program has been made for to offer this facility.