Thread: iTunes 10 crashes when "Apps" is clicked

iTunes 10 crashes when "Apps" is clicked

Hi all, I am using iTune10. This was working file for about 1 week since when I installed that nut from yesterday, I don’t know what happened to it but it has started showing me some problems. Whenever I click on the "Apps" tab of it then it crashes the iTune10. I have not installed any other software to it. If anyone else have the same problem like this and have the solution for this then please post your suggestion over here. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: iTunes 10 crashes when "Apps" is clicked

It may be the problem with the installation of the iTune10. It is possible that the installed files for the iTune is corrupted and that why you are getting the problems like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the iTune completely from your system and install it again. This time you should install it from a different copy of the setup. I am saying this to you because it is possible that the installation file itself is corrupted. So do this and this can solve the problem for you.

You should make sure that on the first screen there are apps. In most cases like this, I have seen that this problem can resolved by only making sure that the very initial screen of apps should not be blank I mean that it should include as a minimum one app. If you would like to maintain the initial screen blank then you can work around this problem by just dragging an app to the initial screen and after that syncing then take out the app over again.

If you are a windows user then you just have to follow the steps below and this can solve the problem for you.
    1. First of all go to C:\My Documents\My Music and from there you have to Backup the entire “iTunes” folder to any secure location.
    2. Now go to control panel and unintall Apple Application Support, iPhone Configuration, iTunes 10, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update and QuickTime.
    3. Restart your PC.
    4. Again go to C:My Documents\My Music\iTunes
    5. Now rename file iTunes Library.itl to iTunes Library.itl.backup.
    6. You have to open “Previous iTunes Libraries” in the similar folder and locate the most current library backup that must be named like “iTunes Library 2010-09-1.itl”. Copy paste it in C:My Documents\My Music\iTunes and rename it iTunes Library.itl
    7. Once you are done with this then you have to download either iTunes 10.0 for 32-bit or iTunes 10.0 for 64-bit that depends on your system configuration. Install it to your computer.
    8. You might then require to create your iTunes library again.

I think that there are some viruses in your system that is not allowing the iTunes10 to work properly. Do you have installed any Antivirus software to your system? If you have not then you should install it. Scan your computer with this. Ensure that you have updated the virus definition for it. If it detects and file as infected then clean or delete that file but make sure that it is not a system file. I ,hope this will solve the problem for you. If that is also not solving the problem then the only option left for you is to reinstall the iTunes.

The operating system that you are using on your computer may be faulty or corrupted and that is causing the problem for iTunes to run properly. If none of the possible solution is helping you then the only option that is left for you is to install the operating system again. Do a clean install of it. Install the iTunes10 again and check whether this time it runs properly. There are more chances that this will resolve the problem.