Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft window SilverLight does not get updated as well as uninstalled

Windows Software

Old 18-12-2010

Microsoft window SilverLight does not get updated as well as uninstalled

I have a particular problem regarding the Microsoft window silver-light. The problem is that i have recently installed it and it was working fine. Now i am thinking of updating it. Which i cannot. It is giving me some errors.It is giving me a error 62 specifying that it cannot update. So i was thinking of an alternate option. So i thought of uninstalling it but it did not give me any results because it refused to uninstall. So i am having tough job handling it. So suggest me any solution, so that i will be able to update this particular operating system. So do give me your suggestions and help me out.

Old 18-12-2010

Re: Microsoft window SilverLight does not get updated as well as uninstalled

Well first you must look at the uninstaller types. Where you have to go to he control panel and see whether you have the particular program for the uninstallation. In the control panel you will be specified with the two options. One will show how to change or remove the program while the other one will show the installed information. So you have to go with the first option and then click on remove. It will automatically start uninstalling the software and always trust on a good registry cleaners for uninstalling the program. So do have a check on your registry cleaners and this will definitely help you.
Old 18-12-2010

I would suggest you a tricky solution. Just try with this one cant guarantee you whether it will work or not. See what you have to do is if you are having the older version of the Silverlight. Then visit any support Microsoft website. There you have to select silver-light as the option. After selecting the option it will automatically download the software or the latest version. When you have finished with the installation, reboot the system. Then go to the control panel and check whether the version is proper and also do check whether it gives you the option of remove. Once you get this that means that you have solved the issue. Do try this one and let me know if it works.
Old 18-12-2010

See what you have to do is to follow the step by step process. First you have to ensure that you have properly installed the silverlight in your system. If you had problems in the installation then it will not work. Also the possible solution that you can try when you want to uninstall is the deletions of the registry keys. Do have a registry key scan and check for all the registry files under the silverlight. Just delete them. This is the last possible solution for the uninstalling of the silverlight. Once you are done with the deletion then do install it again and see if there is any changes. You have to try this only when you don't get to solve the issue with the manual installation.
Old 18-12-2010

Hey thanks for the solution all of you. Appreciate your efforts. I tried with the first solution but the program did not mention any remove option in the add/remove programs in the control panel. So i had to switch to the next option that is to see whether to download the newest version, it was not giving me any result as it was asking to remove the earlier version i had it in the computer, so finally i decided to give it a try to the third solution and it worked. I reinstalled the latest version and i got the desired result. Thanks for your efforts it has really helped me out.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,