Thread: Cannot log into Mercury Quality Center 9 after installing IE8

Cannot log into Mercury Quality Center 9 after installing IE8

I have recently downloaded one application named as QCExplorer which allows me to open the Mercury Quality Center in completely different application that I have never used. Now I am trying to log on the Mercury Quality Center 9.0 but not able to do so. This issue has been started since I have upgraded an Internet Explorer to 8th version. Is there anybody having similar type of problems after upgrading their internet explorer?

Re: Cannot log into Mercury Quality Center 9 after installing IE8

I have noticed one thing about upgrading any software or an operating system. Actually upgrading any software shows many kind of problems which was not existing in an earlier versions. I suggest you to uninstall an Internet Explorer from your machine and then start installing the same version from the start which is not considered as upgraded version as you have installed the latest version itself. It might happen that after installing it from the scratch does not show any problem for using any web based tool.

I have simple idea which you can try to check that the problem is really with an internet browser or with regarding the tool which you are trying to use by using the IE8. I suggest you to use either use Mozilla Firefox or Opera which are seen more compatible as compare to the Internet Explorer. But make sure that you installed it properly and haven't ignored any error while installing them.

There could be some problematic with the account of your Mercury Quality Center 9 due to which you are not able to log in there. I recommend you to check that status of your account which may give you some idea due to which you are facing this problem. Though it would be better to check first using the same tool from other browsers. It could also be something regarding the pop up blocker of your browser. So you must check the settings of your browser as you might be using some manual settings on older version which gets default after upgrading.

It seems like your browser is blocking such things to run smoothly. I suggest you to go through the settings needed to run this tool on your internet explorer 8. Most probably an issue might be persisting due to some plug in that you might be using on your machine. I have seen such issues on my mozilla browser to play the online videos. Though I am not so sure about it but you must at least check about it as browser shows incompatibility issue when you have multiple plug ins installed on it.