Thread: Backup folder is empty on external hard drive

Backup folder is empty on external hard drive

This is concerning Windows 7 Home Premium. I freshly exposed the records shaped on my exterior hard drive by Windows automatic backup service is unfilled. The backup services carry on to actually generating backups: the exterior drive lights awake to point to action when the "backup in progress" sign come into view in the statement area of the taskbar. The exterior drive itself come into view to be working very well: I can shift other records, such as Outlook support, to the drive and verify their folder size. There are two backup connected folder file on the exterior drive, one by means of the name of the PC and the additional named WindowsImageBackup, which was shaped regarding two minutes later than the primary. But together are unfilled. Any assist would be mainly appreciated.

Re: Backup folder is empty on external hard drive

If you right clack on those records and padlock at belongings it will illustrate them as 0 mass even although they are not. If you twice click on the information folder backup you resolve be encouraged for authorization and you can pierce down into it other than it didn't give me a great deal functional in order other than corroborate it was in information not 0 in mass. If you twice click on the file within the WindowsImageBackup you will be encouraged by means of a dialog and single alternative is repair. Going interested in repair throughout Windows support is intended for me the finest method to verify and verify what records really were backed up at what time I'm in hesitation. You can leave into repair and notice what is there with no really entrusts to repair any files.

I would propose you on the way to right click the backup directory and make sure for the file mass in the properties window. You might also ensure if the directory are concealed. If the directories are concealed then you might unhide the directory and then attempt backing up the information. You might utilize the steps under to unhide the directory:
    • Push the Alt input on the keyboard in every Windows Explorer window to carry up the toolbar.
    • Go to the Tools option and then directory Options and after that the View tab.
    • Then select 'Show hidden files and folders'. Later than clack OK and this way they should come into view with the extra folders.

I have a problem and although I made a backup with titanium so far so good and everything went fine. I have a folder "media" and in it are the folders "alarms, audio, ringtones and notifications" in it everywhere there was something in it and in the folder "audio" Music of about 2.4 GB. But now, since the backup across all gone but the size of the SD card is so still as if everything is still there. 8 GB card in the phone and still available 2 GB. How can it be that I get nothing displayed?