Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 does not startup properly

Windows Software

Old 16-12-2010

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 does not startup properly

I am facing this strange problem from quite a few days. What has happened is that i had a lenovo laptop and i did a bios update from the lenovo website. After that i started installing windows 7 ultimate on to my laptop and completed it. Everything was working fine. My system worked very well for some days. What i noticed after that, the computer just used to start showing the windows sign and it will not go ahead beyond that. So basically i am stuck with this strange problem. I tried ctrl+alt+del button, it used to restart and again the same problem. I had ensured that while installing the windows 7 operating system, i had formatted all my HDD. So any possible solution that you guys can give me on this problem. As it is just refusing to start up. Please do help me out with this one.

Old 16-12-2010

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate x86 does not startup properly

Well looking at the problem that you had described. It seems that it may be due to the Wrong BIOS settings. Some settings in the bios may have possibly gone wrong. So that's why it is giving you such results. Possibly the bios may also have got corrupted. So do have a check with your BIOS. I would advice you to first check the EIST feature in your bios. It is known as Enhanced Intel Speed Step Technology. Just enter the bios settings and see whether that particular bios setting is enabled or disabled. If it is disabled then enable it. So do check this setting before you do some necessary changes in your laptop.
Old 16-12-2010

I could easily identify this problem as the BSOD i.e. Blue Screen Of Death. This problem is mostly related to the graphic card that you are using. So i would advice you to remove all the CD/DVD from the drives. Then check whether your laptop starts in the low resolution setup. The low resolution setup usually involves 640*480 resolution. To do that what you have to basically do is to press and hold the F8 button during the start up. On doing that go to the advanced boot options and select the Low resolution mode. If the same problem appears in the low resolution mode then you will be knowing who is the culprit. So you will have to change the graphic card. So just try with this solution.
Old 16-12-2010

I have gone through your solution. I don't think so whether there can be any problem with the bios but i tried with the EIST and it was enabled, so that did not help me. Well talking about the low resolution mode, i noticed that the same problem raised during the working in the low resolution mode as well. So the graphic card solution has not worked. Can you give me more details on what else can i try to solve this issue. Please do suggest me some other solutions.
Old 16-12-2010

If the issue is not getting solved then i would surely recommend you to check with the driver. There can be a driver issue with your laptop. Try downloading the different hardware driver, specially the display driver, either from the manufacturer' website or from the windows website. Windows have got a list of all the specific drivers needed for all the products. So just stream through the internet check out for the appropriate drivers, download and install it. Reboot the system and see the changes. I am sure that you will notice the changes and your system will be working fine after this update.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,