Thread: Want to clear Open Recent documents on Adobe Photoshop CS

Want to clear Open Recent documents on Adobe Photoshop CS

Friends, I want to delete the history for the recently opened document for the Adobe Photoshop CS2. I searched in all the menu and submenu but not found any option to do that. If there is anyone who know that how can I delete the history for this then please post that here. I will appreciate each and every reply. Thank you!!!

Re: Want to clear Open Recent documents on Adobe Photoshop CS

You are on the right place to get the answer. You can follow the steps below and you will be able to delete the history for the recently opened documents in Photoshop.
    1. First of all open the photoshop preference
    2. Go to general, history and set it to 1.
    3. Click on next button.
    4. You will see "recent file list contains" at the bottom of the menu.
    5. Change this to 0.
    6. Click on OK.

It’s very easy to do that. If you want to delete the history then you just have to delete Adobe Photoshop Prefs.psp. This file keeps the track of all the history for opened documents. If you delete this file and after that is you try to open the Adobe Photoshop then this will start like you are starting this for first time. It’s the simplest and the fasted way to clear the history. You will find this file in
    C:\Documents and Settings\philip\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings

You need not to deal with writing the whole thing down manually because Adobe considerately given the History Log option. It is not turned on by default, but you will be able to enable it in Photoshop's Preferences dialog. If you want to do that then you have to go to Edit >> Preferences >> General this is for the windows users or if you are using Mac operating system then the similar thing below the Photoshop menu. You have to click on the checkbox for History Log which is at the base of the General tab. I hope that this will help you.

You can also select that which level of aspect you need for recording. Sessions will record just the time you close or open or save any image from it. A concise record these times also except it includes a list of every modification that you completed as this is planned in the History Palette. Detailed put in a record of all the settings that is used by all the editing step as well as it also contain the complete path to the file that is there in your file system and not just the name of the file. The Sessions log will be a good help for you if you report customers for your time and do not need any additional information

If you see then in the upper right corner from the History panel you will see a not-too-obvious button which reveals a fly-out menu when clicked. The majority of the panels which is there in Photoshop have them. If you get to know that where Adobe hides them then you will be able to start marking them all. New users on the photoshop cannot even notice that they were there so far. If you will click on the one from the History panel then you will obtain a menu with many ways to do many things with the history. If you see the bottom of this many then you will be able to see the History option dialog.