Thread: How to unlock password from Excel VBA

How to unlock password from Excel VBA

I've used other times this forum but only to get the information and it actually helped me on several occasions. But this time I do not get anything concrete about the following: I have an excel file that I do not believe it, but for the person standing before me in the post this file contains macros and Visual Basic programming, however try to see the script but have a password, so I just want to make it safe.

Re: How to unlock password from Excel VBA

The detail is that with this method only unlocks the excel sheets and not the VBA project, there are several programs that are to take this type of passwords, such is the case of Advanced Office Password Recovery, unfortunately are extra and demos removed only 3-character passwords, if you please send me the file and will return without a password. I hope information will help you in some extent.

This is a small instruction how to get access to protected VBA-Projects. In advance, I want to point out you shouldn't use this for projects; please use it only, if you've forgotten the password of your own project! Please make a backup of your file Before you start. This instruction referees to Office 2000 or Office XP. If you work with Office 97, it does not work! In this case you could use VBAPass97. What you need is a Hex-Editor customarily. For instance to find here: HHD Software.
    Step 1: Open your file with the Hex-Editor.
    Step 2: Search for the bytes 44 50 42 or for the chars DPB. Be sure There exists These chars after the strings "GC =" and "[Host Extender Info]! Some programmers try to Protect projects with a dummy-row Within a sheet. Several Programs for breaking passwords vba find this dummy-row, consequently to wrong location! So Should you find the right locations Above "[Host Extender Info]"!
    Step 3: Change the DPB to DBx chars After That, save the file.
    Step 4: Now open the file with Excel. Corresponding You Receive a mistake, choose "Yes". The Following errors confirm with "OK" Access to the VBA-Project particulary isn't possible in this step.
    Step 5: Open the preferences of the VBA-Project and enter a new password. This step is implicitly required! Confirm with "OK." After That, You Can repeat this step and you CAN delete your password. Now you've full acccess to your VBA-Project! "

: I have a similar problem. I have several macros with VBA code protected. I know the password. I need a macro that pressing a button I check out the VBA code with the password that I say. Something similar to what you use to unlock the excel sheet but is to check out the code: Sheets ("Sheet1"). Protect "Password" Let's see if anyone can help me.