Thread: Is there any best way to store private information digitally

Is there any best way to store private information digitally

I have newly realized just how awful my system of passwords for online access is, and I am making a number of huge changes. As an outcome I will have more passwords than I have now and recall them all will be a challenge. My primary thought was to amass them all in a word document. I have that lists account numbers and additional important information, which is itself password protected. On the other hand it occurs to me that this is maybe not much protected either. Now I am wondering how I can record my passwords and additional important information in a way which is both protected and secure. Paper is out, there is lots of information to have to continually update and maintain track. As well, I require something I can back up. But what digital form can I maintain this in and keep it secure? I use an application called eWallet which synchronies with my phone and is encrypted. Is that well sufficient?

Re: Is there any best way to store private information digitally

I believe that current versions of Microsoft Office have pretty decent encryption if you select the stronger selections. I utilize an Excel spreadsheet for my all passwords, notes and many more data. There are as well automatic password managers. Obviously, you have to faith the manufacturer of the password manager.

It will keep all your passwords secure and permits you to produce secure passwords for sites. The way it works is the passwords are encrypted on your PC and after that sent to their servers to amass. You just necessitate remember an excellent master password. If you misplace the master password then nobody not even LastPass can find them back since they ever have access to the unencrypted passwords. If you wish to save a copy close by you can choose to perform that as well.

I have a query regarding the greatest usage model. Regardless of all of their safeguards, it appears unwise to place each and every my password eggs in the LastPass basket. Specifically, I am not certain if I should amass the passwords to critical sites on LastPass. I am thinking what I might do is make use of it for the whole thing but financial institutions and email accounts; which way even if my LastPass account is compromised those serious sites will still be secure. Does anybody else do this? Is it worth the trouble or am I assembly needless work for myself?