Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Codec is not installed

Windows Software

Old 14-12-2010

unsure Codec is not installed

I am running Windows Media Player 12 on a Windows 7 Sony Vio. I'm trying to open a video link from Amazon that appears to have an asx extension, but Windows Media Player tells me that "required codec video is not installed" but it doesn't tell me the name of the codec or any other information. I don't have a problem with other Windows Media Player videos only this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 14-12-2010

Re: Codec is not installed

To be frank, i have never came through file with such extension, but i can play each and every file with my Windows Media Player that is having K-Lite Codec Pack. Why dont you try it. You can download K-Lite Codec Pack from here. Alternatively, you can try VLC player. See if VLC can play that video, as it is capable for playing every video file format.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,