Thread: Problem with the Blu-ray Discs and Files in PowerDVD 9

Problem with the Blu-ray Discs and Files in PowerDVD 9

I am having the computer system which has the Blu-ray Disc drive an i have the PowerDVD software installed in this computer system for playing the Blu-ray disc , Movies and for burning the BVlu-ray Disc using the Blu-ray RW drive of my computer system. But this PowerDVD version 9 software is not able to do anything for the blu-ray discs and files. Where as this software is able to play and burn the DVD disc and movies on the computer system. I think there is some Problem with the Blu-ray Discs and Files in PowerDVD 9 software.

Re: Problem with the Blu-ray Discs and Files in PowerDVD 9

You are having the problem in playing and burning the Blu-ray File formats in your Windows 7 computer system using the PowerDVD media player software. Make sure you have installed the correct software and it should support the Blu-ray format for playback and also for the Burning then only you will be able to play and burn the Blu-ray files from and to the Blu-ray disc respectively. If not then you will obviously get this type of problems.

If you are getting the problems like system hang up or the system freezing then might be the software is not working properly. The reason for this can be this, The PowerDVD 9 media player software is not installed properly in your Windows 7 Computer system. Reinstall this software by removing it neatly from the computer system. First uninstall this software and again install the software. After install the software reboot the system once for taking effect the changes made by the installation of the Software.

This type of the problem can come only for one possible reason if you are using the Unregistered or the trial version of any software. If you are using the Trial or the unregistered version of the PowerDVD 9 software then this problem can arise in front of you. Because the manufacturer does not provide all the functionality in the trial version. You have only limited features available in the software for the usage. In your case you will not be able to play and Burn the Blu-ray Files using the PowerDVD 9 software instead of having the Blu-ray drive installed in your system.

If you are having the Playback and the burning issue with the PowerDVD 9 software having the full registered version then this can be the compatibility issue. You have mentioned that you are having the Windows 7 Operating system in your computer system. Make sure that this version of the PowerDVD 9 software is fully compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. If not then you are having the two solutions. First, Download and install the latest version f this software which supports the windows 7 operating system. Second option, Install the operating system which is supported by this current version of the PowerDVD 9 software.

There may be the little possibility and very much valid point for getting this error is that the Blu-ray drive that you have installed in your computer system is not working properly. May be the lens of this Blu-ray dive is not able to read the data of the Blu-ray discs and write the data on the Blu-ray discs. As the result the software is not able to complete the task that you want to do with the PowerDVD 9 software. Clean the lens using the Lens cleaning disc, may be this can solve your problem.

I'm having a similar problem.
    I tried playing a blu ray disc and it worked perfectly twice. The second time it resumed payback at exactly the point where I had left it so I thought everything was fine. Then when I finally had time to finish the movie in peace it wouldn't play anymore.
    I have power dvd 9 and it's activated and it says that its loading the disc but once loaded I just see a black screen and the interface but nothing is playing. I can't even scroll along the timeline - all it says is "prohibited".
    What can I do to fix this? Please help.

As per my knowledge regarding the issue which you are going through the problem is related to the Power DVD which needs to be updated. I was going through the same problem and then updated the Power DVD with the latest update available and issue got resolve. So if you can then go through the same and see whether it is working with the issue or not.