Thread: How to refresh an image control in Silverlight

How to refresh an image control in Silverlight

Hello everyone, how can I refresh a image control in Silverlight? The name of the image is always the same, ie video.jpg. I thought the animation, but I think that falls outside of this discourse, partly because what anime? What I have to in order to get free from this issue. If you have any suggestion related to this then please reply me over here I am just waiting for your replies.

Re: How to refresh an image control in Silverlight

We carry the steps to do with Expression Blend. First, we set the objectives: Should be enough for two URLs to "scrub" the Cache component. To scrub the "cache" the web server you can instead use a directive no Cache image. Now go and select the layout in Blend to work with animations, so it appears the time line, then:
    • When the line is zero, select panel properties of the first url
    • Press the button to record the keyframe at that time.
    • Moved in 5 seconds
    • In the properties pane select the second URL
    • Record again KeyFrame
    • Forward 5 seconds and record the keyframe without changing anything
    • Select the option to repeat the animation indefinitely.

Try to blend it with you also because you sever to animate any property such as a discreet background color, an object becomes visible, etc. If you really do not succeed I do and I send you but try it.

The best solution is always, however, an animation, because you can also define the presentation layer without disturbing the Model View. You can use a cyclic animation (over again that just ends up with a time of 5 seconds .The point is that I did not understand what changes. If the image is always the same change? I do not see anything obscene about animating properties source is a type of animation not only discrete but there could also apply some effect PixelShader from those available in the blend. Another possibility is to define a new control to the "Member" using Visual State Manager that passes from one image to another by a network effect if it falls on examples effects on the pictures. But I did not understand what you do because if example which you have to run a webcam there are specific tools to do so. What should you do?

I doubt it will work:
    • The images are cached if you associate a source
    • Because the URI does not change the Source dependency property does not see

No change, so does the associated code. Personally I'd use a timer to download the image (using a random in the query string to prevent caching) and then create a BitmapSource stream obtained.

Yes you are right, because when I said I wanted to animate source then physically change the url, because of the high I do not understand then how it should change the image that is in the file maybe with a webcam? It is something more like a video in a slide show? Because the former is better to use video techniques, and the second change url or better to download some of the thousands of components available on the web.