Thread: multiple explorer.exe are running in the background of windows 7 machine

multiple explorer.exe are running in the background of windows 7 machine

Having a HP Compaq laptop which I recently upgrade the machine from windows vista to windows 7 platform. From very few days I found that the machine is getting very slow performance and for this first of all i scan whole which detect some of the faults and by the antivirus application some of then removed, but the actual problem was not resolved. Then I decide to check all the other machine process, but found nothing which indicates as the cause of the problem. After that i enters into the task manager, there I found a problem, more than 5 explorer.exe program is running over there. I tried to close one of them, but by this the machine directs me to close the windows execution. Not able to stop or to disable one of them. What should I do? Any input regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: multiple explorer.exe are running in the background of windows 7 machine

I think one process might be helping you, by the disk defragment this problem might be solved. One of my friends had encountered the similar issue, and after a long search he found this process. He did this, and the problem is solved. For that I suggest you to first defrag the primary drive of your machine. For that go to control panel and look for the option. Or you can also open the defragment window by simply type the process name into the search panel. Select the drive one by one, this might ask you to enter the administrative password and username. You can also run the Pc Analyze disk option, which is used for the confirmation of whether the selected disk is defragged or not. Reboot your machine after this process, now check in the task manager I hope the problem you mentioned in your post will solved.

If you are not able to stop the execution of explorer.exe from the background of your machine. then I would like to suggest you to re-install the operating system. I think there might be any windows file either missing or corrupted. So by the re-installation process this problem will be solved. So first of all insert the windows installation disk into your CD ROM drive and start pressing f8. It will prompt the windows installation window. Begin the process by click on install now button. This will first ask you to select the drive where you are willing to install the windows platform. by simply follow some of the onscreen instruction this will problem will be solved. As per my opinion, I think this is the simplest and effective way to solve the windows problem in any machine.

According to my knowledge this is the hard drive issue, my elder brother had the similar issue and by a simple trick he can easily solve this issue. The process is the disk cleanup. So I suggest you to clean up the hard disk drive. Because the problem that you mentioned in your post is might be occurred for the hard drive irregular settings. Open start menu and from the Accessories option under start menu, open the disk clean up tool application window. Select the drive while you are willing to clean. G through this, it will definitely help you to overcome from the problem.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain