Thread: Burning .iso files to USB flash drive

Burning .iso files to USB flash drive

Recently I have upgraded my system to windows platform. I am having windows XP image files. I want to burn that windows image files to my transcend pen drive. I am unaware of the steps to burn it. I need a solution describing the steps to burn image files i.e. iso file formats into USB so that I can boot it from the USB.

Re: Burning .iso files to USB flash drive

You can burn any image files i.e. iso file to USB. To burn image files you need to follow the below given steps:
    • You need to download and install Nero software on the system. After installing Nero software insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click on the installed software to open it. Click on the Data Burning in the main menu. You need to select source button at the top and then click on image recorder. Click on browse button to locate your iso files that you want to burn into USB flash drive.
    • Now you need to select USB as the destination so that it saves the developed iso files. Now you need to click on burn button to start the process.
    • Now the image files will be start burning and after completing the burning process it will be saved into the USB flash drive.

Thanks for providing me the solution. As we can create image files of any CD/DVD and we can also burn it to USB drive without having to carry any CD or DVD. From the above given solution I have downloaded, installed Nero software and I can now burn any iso files easily. I want to know if we can mount iso files into the flash drive. If yes then I need the steps describing to mount iso files into the USB flash drive. Also give me the steps to create iso files.

You can make image files i.e. iso files of any CD or DVD very easily. The steps to make iso files are given below:
    1. Download and install the Nero Burning Rom SE software. Open the Nero Burning Rom SE software by double clicking it from the desktop.
    2. Select the iso tab from Compilation dialog box. Select DVD-CD (ISO) format from it.
    3. Click on the new button to create an iso folder and select your data source.
    4. From the edit toolbar of Nero Burning Rom SE window, select “create new folder”.
    5. Name your folder and press enter. Click on burn button to start burning the data into the iso format.
    6. The image will be created and saved to the destination folder.

If you are having image files i.e. iso files you can mount it into USB flash drive. The steps to mount iso files into USB flash drive are as follows:
    1. Download and install Windows 7 USB/DVD Download utility. After installing copy the iso files into the C drive and insert the USB flash drive.
    2. You need to type “isoavdpcopy.exe” at the command prompt by browsing to the Start/ Programs/ Accessories.
    3. Enter “isoavdpcopy <filename>” where the file name is name of the iso file.
    4. Type exit at the command prompt to exit it. Open the installed Windows 7 USB/DVD Download utility by double clicking on it.
    5. Browse to the location of the iso files and select USB drive to begin mounting.
    6. Click on Begin Copying to copy the iso file. You can open the iso file to see if it is copied. If the iso file is seen means it has been mounted successfully.