Thread: Windows 7 Limitations For ReadyBoost

Windows 7 Limitations For ReadyBoost

I have just recently installed the operating system that is of the Windows 7, and the previous version that was used by me was of the Windows XP. I have specifically installed the version of the Windows 7 to make the use of the multiple stick devices and also the use of more than 256 GB connection that can be done across eight devices. Also the thing is that I have just brought a 16GB Scandisk Cruzer USB Flash Drive, and has claimed for the ready usage for the Boot use. I had made a instruction to make the use of the flash stick alone for the purpose of the ready boost it displays a message that it cannot support the 16GB USB stick and instead wanted a stick that is of 4GB. I have also heard that Vista is also having the Readyboost option in it, and it is also limited to the space that is of 4GB. Please tell me what kind of the problem is being faced by the system that I am using, and all this issues were not faced by me when I was using the system of the Windows XP.

Re: Windows 7 Limitations For ReadyBoost

It is not the USB but the File Format that is limiting the space and also the you have see that whether ReadyBoost is talking about disk space or the file format. Because there is a vast difference between Disk space and also the file format that are being used for the specific files that are being used in the system. And if you are making the use of the NTFS or the exFAT it will allow using more file formats along with it. I have been using the 8GB exFAT 8GB RAM and everything is working properly and the main feature of the ReadyBoost is being supported by it.

You can make the use of the 8GB RAM stick instead of the 16 GB one and for that you don’t require to make the use of the ReadyBoost. ReadyBoost are basically used for the RAM that is having the specification that is defined for the computer that is making the use of the 1 GB and in such cases you can just upgrade the RAM that you are using. Also in some cases it makes sense that the use of the USB fast flash devices can also be used for the ReadyBoost.

You can also make the use of the following steps that are given below and then just do the steps order wise without making any steps missing because all the steps are very important from the user point of view:
    1. At the start you got to plug your USB flash drive or you can also make the use of the SD memory Card that can be used for the computing and also for the running of the system of the Windows 7.
    2. After that you have to automatically detect the removable device and the auto play dialog box will appear automatically. After that you got to click on the steps as such of the “Speed up my system”.
    3. Then on the removable drive properties just click on to the ReadyBoost tab.
    4. After that you got click on to the OK button and then you got to save all the files and then follow the steps that are preceding it.
    5. If you’re planning to stop the use of the ReadyBoost from the removable CD. If you are planning then you can also go on to the properties then directly go to the ReadyBoost and then choose on to do not use this device.

This will help you to remove the option of the ReadyBoost and you can be free from it forever.

And if still you are trying to add the stick to the system that you are using then you can just see that what is the bit of the machine that is being used by you; because it had happened many a time that the system of the 64 bit is well supporting the features of the ReadyBoost and no other feature other than the 64-bit will supports the system that is of the Windows 7.