Thread: Nero BurnLite 10 cannot write files on the DVD

Nero BurnLite 10 cannot write files on the DVD

I love to keep the backups of all the Video’s and the Audio’s that I have and I like to keep them on the DVD’s. Well there was no issue when I was using the Nero 7 for this but from the day I have purchased the Nero Burnlite 10 I have seen that I am not able to make the back ups correctly. On the first occasion when I tried writing the files on the DVD it was working well here but when I tried after a week I have seen that the File get written on the DVD but they get distorted there. I have seen that all the all my audio files are sounding like the chipmunks speaking. Well I really want to know what can be reason for this. I never got issue with the Nero 7 and I thought that the Nero 10 will be much finer but it has really come here with disaster. Any suggestions on this.
    Last edited by Proserpine; 12-12-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Re: Nero BurnLite 10 cannot write files on the DVD

Well let me tell you that it must have been because you must have downloaded some update from the Nero and that may be causing you the issue. Well do one thing uncheck the BOX that says install the updates from the Nero automatically and I think that will help you with the issue that you are having at this very moment with the Nero 10 here. I am using the Nero 10 and the thing is that I do not have any issues yet as I had unchecked the same at the time of installation. Will suggest you to have the installation of the same here and while going with the installation please see that you uncheck the box this time. Well that is the thing that I guess might be causing you the issue.

Also it will be great if you can try to write the files on some other brands of the DVD’s or the CD’s and see if that can help you write the files properly on the disk. Also in addition to this it will be really great if you can have the burn speed lowered. I have seen that the Nero writes the disc at the speed of 16x and I think that it can also be the issue and let me tell you that I have the Nero Burner and the speed with which I Burn is the 4x and will suggest you to do the same and see if that can make some difference here. Also it will be great if you can try for some branded discs from the Moserbaer or Sony and see if the files can be written with the two combination that I have mentioned above.

Well I would also like to make same point here and see if this is the case here and please try to use the software in that manner. Also it can be because of the Updates and if that is the case then I think that if you can have a look at that then it will be of great help. You can see for the same by looking at the version of the Nero that you are having and if at all you see that the version has increased then I think that reinstalling the same can really help you with this. Please let me know what was the case here? Will be really happy if you can let me know about this soon.

Have you tried some other software for burning the CD and the DVD as I do not think that the issue is because of the Nero 10? It can be the DVD Writer itself behind the issue and I think that if you can have the some other software then we can have the check which is the real culprit for this. Well if you want you can try this Amadis Video to DVD Creator and see if that can help a bit with the situation of yours. I am not sure if there are free or trial versions for this but I think that is the only way by which we can have the culprit for this situation. Please try this and let me know about the same here.

Also it will be great if you can try to write the files on some other brands of the DVD’s or the CD’s and see if that can help you write the files properly on the disk. Also in addition to this it will be really great if you can have the burn speed lowered. I have seen that the Nero writes the disc at the speed of 16x and I think that it can also be the issue and let me tell you that I have the Nero Burner and the speed with which I Burn is the 4x and will suggest you to do the same and see if that can make some difference here. Also it will be great if you can try for some branded discs from the Moserbaer or Sony and see if the files can be written with the two combinations that I have mentioned above.