Thread: Windows 7 takes too much space on OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB

Windows 7 takes too much space on OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB

Hello, I am using windows 7 and also I have an OCZ Vertex Turbo ssd drive. I find a problem by means of an OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB. Windows Explorer informs me there is only1.5GB remaining but there are 16,8GB space is available on the disk. I outsourced page folder and hibernation folder to an additional hard disk, neutralize and remove repair points, remove all impermanent information. OCZ provide his volume information in GiB, so that's not the trouble moreover. There's still 13GB (!) dissimilarity among engaged room and the mass of all information on C added up. So, any person fined a thought? I'm actually puzzled regarding this. Please help me.

Re: Windows 7 takes too much space on OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB

It seems that windows did not distinguish the SSD properly and unsuccessful to set up the accurate driver at the setting up. I mounted the hard disk in my laptop to make a diagnosis it by means of ubuntu, other than I did not do well, so I place it reverse into the PC, but this time on a dissimilar SATA Port. When I then booted Windows 7, it set up an "OCZ SSD Device Driver" which had it seems that missed previous to. Later than that, Windows Explorer illustrates me a Temp register by means of 20 GiB, which had been imperceptible previous to. I now remove it, now the whole thing runs completely. I think this will help you to get some idea where you are actually getting the problem.

Before going to the solution I think you need to check the following thing which I have illustrated here:
    • First check out that did you perform an upgrade set up from Windows Vista to Windows 7 or you have done a clean installation.
    • If you are using windows 7 then Which edition of Windows 7 are you utilizing is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
    • If you are getting this issue then did you perform the disk cleanup?

I think you SSD drive need a Disk Cleanup then only I think you will be able to get solution I hope:
    1. First thing you need to open disk cleanup which can be done by clicking on the start button and then go to the all program and then to the accessories and then go to the System Tools and then go to the Disk Cleanup
    2. Now in Disk Cleanup alternative dialog box select whether you desire to clean up your personal records simply or all of the records on the machine for doing this if you will asked for the password and the verification just provide everything whatever is asked.
    3. If the Disk Cleanup: Drive collection dialog box come into view choose the hard disk drive that you desire to clean up and the press OK.
    4. After this hit the Disk Cleanup tag and then choose the ensure boxes for the records you desire to remove.
    5. As soon as you end selecting the records you wish for remove select OK and then select remove files to verify the procedure. Disk Cleanup carries on removing all needless records from your from machine.

It seems that it is happening because of the Solid-State Drive for errors. You can resolve some computer troubles by inspection a drive or drives for mistake. For example, you can ensure your computer's main hard disk to attach some presentation matter.
    • Unlock Computer by going to the Start push button and then hitting on my Computer.
    • After doing the above step just Right-click on the drive that you desire to make sure, and then go to the Properties option of the drive.
    • Now go to the Tools tab and then proceed to the Error-checking which is located below Tools tab and then select check now.
    • Too mechanically fix troubles by means of files and directory that the scan detects and from there choose mechanically attach file system mistake. Otherwise, the disk verifies will details troubles but not attach them.
    • To carry out a systematic check, choose Scan intended for and try recovery of terrible division. This scan tries to discover and fix physical mistake on the drive itself, and it can receive much longer to full.
    • Depending on the mass of your drive this might take more than a few minutes. And then click on the start.

I think Sequential read and write process range among relatively well to excellent. since flash chips can be arrange in parallel and information extend crossways the chips, today’s improved SSDs can understand writing sequentially at rates better than 200 MB/s, which is shut to twice the pace many 7200 RPM drives can bring. For sequential writes, we observe a number of campaigns very much exceeding the charge of typical HDDs, and the majority SSDs doing quite well in association. In today’s market, there are at rest substantial dissimilarity in sequential write charge among SSDs. Some very much surpass the typical HDD, others wrap by a bit, and a small number of are deprived in association.