Thread: Windows 7 Backup unable detect home LAN hard drive

Windows 7 Backup unable detect home LAN hard drive

I am using the system which is working on the windows 7 Home Premium and up till now everything was working fine but recently getting issue with the LAN that windows 7 back up is not detecting the LAN hard drives as could be arranged by means of the Windows Vista Home or Windows XP. I want to know is there any way to get the Windows 7 backup to detect LAN hard drives which can be organize by means of Windows Vista Home or Windows XP

Re: Windows 7 Backup unable detect home LAN hard drive

Windows 7 Home Premium will not able to back up from corner to corner within a network. I would like to suggest you that you can get all these things happening after upgrading the system with the windows 7 Professional or Ultimate. As per my knowledge both of them will permit complete system back up to house or business networks. To get all these things working on the Home Premium you can buy an exterior hard drive but that should be complete lowest size which would be 200 GB and you would be improved off by means of a bigger one. I hope this will help you. So try doing the suggested thing which I have given here.

I have Window 7 Pro and I can't observe my system drives when I choose network as a backup position. I can observe them whole the rest of the time, they illustrate up in the "my computer" as "mapped" contribute to. It's a 1 TB IOMEGA Home Network Media storage space Drive that's slash into 5 segments. XP had no trouble running support to the shares. How do I find Windows 7 Pro to observe them for backups? I even attempt to type in the IP address however no happiness. Any suggestions? Please help me.

I think you need an Update which might be helpful to you to get the desired solution as I was also having the same problem with my home network. So to get out of that problem I downloaded the free of charge test of Retrospect Pro 7.5 and I find it working just fine. It also integrated 3 licenses so I can perform my major home network just well together with my Mac Mini. I wound up trading it later than the solution I bought it from Amazon. I just desire somewhat that works. It's not attractive and it's a bit hard to utilize, but by means of a little attempt and a call or two to support I am able to get the backup of my home network. So I think you also try using this update.

I think all the above steps have helped you to get the desired solution if you are still suffering from this issue then I think you will get the solution after performing a clean boot. Before performing this I would like to tell you that if the computer is linked to a network, network rule settings might avoid you from following these points which I am giving below. I strongly suggest that you do not utilize the System Configuration utility to change the superior boot alternative on the computer except a Microsoft support engineer express you to perform this. Doing this might build the computer impracticable. Now follow the points given below;
    • First of all login to the computer using you your administrator rights and then go to the start option and then into the search box type the msconfig.exe and then press enter this will start the System Configuration utility
    • Into the system configuration go to the General tab and select the choice Selective startup and after this uncheck the option Load startup items from the box.
    • And then from the system configuration go to the Services tab and select the Hide all Microsoft services from the box and then disable all.
    • After doing all these thing select OK and then restart the system.