Thread: Is there any way to schedule my computer to wake up at a particular time?

Is there any way to schedule my computer to wake up at a particular time?

I have recently upgraded the system with windows 7 with 2GB RAM. And I am at present trying to organize Task Scheduler to perform action as an alarm clock, by means of functionality which is alike to the program Atomic Alarm Clock as I used to do in windows Vista. I have established commands intended for playback of sound records, but Atomic Alarm Clock had the aptitude to wake a computer up from snooze a characteristic which would be rather helpful. Now, in the assignment formation episode belongings, below Conditions, I have ensured "Wake the computer to run this commission". Though, the control has not worked. Does anybody contain a tutorial on this experience or the capability to give details why my assignment is not running from snooze? Please help me.

Re: Is there any way to schedule my computer which wake up at a particular time?

I think this can be done doing some settings into the BIOS I think this will help you to get the solution but not sure that it will work or not. I think you should ton try doing the setting into the BIOS setup for s-3. In this you need to wake on all the settings which might have on the off, so I hope this will help you to get the desired solution.

Re: Is there any way to schedule my computer which wake up at a particular time?

I think the steps given below might be helpful to you so I would like to tell to try using these points:
    1. First of all go to the start menu from the desktop and then go to the search box type taskschd.msc and then press enter.
    2. After this f you are prompted by the UAC then click on continue to the vista user or you can select the YES which is for the windows 7.
    3. After this in the right pane click on the view option and then select the Show Hidden Tasks and then check it.
    4. And in the left pane go to the arrow on the Task Scheduler Library directory Microsoft folder and windows directory so that you can expand them and then click on the folder to change the existing task which you desire to do so.
    5. In the middle pane click on the listed MP Scheduled Scan and then go to the properties.
    6. Below the General tab, ensure the Run with highest privileges container. From there just select the Run whether user is logged on or not.
    7. Now just hit on the Conditions tag and select the Wake the computer to run this task option form the box

I don’t think that the problem can be solved by doing setting into the BIOS. The power plan settings which are automatically disable wake timers which are into my box. I think this can be solved by following the steps I giving below:
    • First of all you need to go to the start option from the startup menu.
    • Now go to the control panel and then go to the hardware and sound.
    • From the hardware and sound go to the power option and then edit plan setting which can be changed from the Advanced Power Settings and then select the sleep and then allow Wake Timers.
    • And after this change the value to true remedied as per your situation. I hope this will help you to get the desired solution.

I have tried all the above solution but this on the last one helped me to get the desired solution. I have gone to the BIOS setting to get this working to me but changes into the BIOS also didn’t work for me. But changes from the control panel have helped me to get the desired solution. Thank you all to give me the suggestions for this issue. Thank you all.