Thread: Windows Explorer taking too much time to open

Windows Explorer taking too much time to open

For some time my Explorer is slow when browsing between folders. I click open a folder to it and it takes a short second. That was after the fresh installation. I find no "abnormal" programs in Task Manager, are loaded only the most essential programs at startup. And in this I do not think that it is happening due to the Virus because I have scanned it through the antivirus and I was not able to get any kind of virus in this. How it can be? It makes no difference whether it is the "Pictures" folder, network drive or a local folder.

Re: Windows Explorer taking too much time to open

Well related to this as much I know I am going to tell you over here. Actually in this more data the longer it takes the system to work, it will stay around as quickly as after the installation as an increasing number. Even if the Internal Windows 7 off in Control Panel> Indexing Options do not need a man. So regarding this I know this much I hope this will help you. So if you want then you can go for this.

So Internet Security Suite can forget all that even say computer scientists. Windows 7 brings a lot with the rest of itself, not as in Windows XP, but that alone is not natural. So I only have 2 safety systems for me running on the computer with Windows 7 AVAST Antivirus and Search & Destroy, both running under Windows 7 super, and the system is not slowed down. What else could be the slow down your system, there are several possibilities. Just take the program HDTune the freeware version is enough perfectly in Windows 7 had to click on the program with the right mouse button and select "Run as Administrator" then select there, otherwise it cannot find any drives. Please put in the options on the benchmark FAST and I perform for each disk in the system a benchmark. Important here are the values and CPU BURST, post the values here and then I help.

Thanks for the quick replies. I found the index quite nice, as I quickly find files and emails in which I previously had to wait some time. But I think it is not really for the reason that I have the complete indexing already behind me. What you would for an Internet Security package you recommend? I was pretty confident of kaspersky, but it really slows down violently, that's true. Is always the first that porgy up games after a fresh installation and opening the folder was still much faster with KIS in the background? All of unnecessary background programs and services are turned off. I see no apparent contrast to earlier, which could put the brakes.

I have some context menu items disabled and it is a bit faster, but still difficult, whether many files in the folder are or not. It's interesting. Only if I want into a folder inside or choose a folder in the folder view, then there for about a second the circle cursor and only then will the content displayed. I have the feeling that the Explorer when clicking on the folder something pr UFT or executes before the content shows. Maybe some were "Directory enters" - added event handlers, which slows it all? I do not know what I could try. I wanted to try a desktop recorder to record the effect to be seen How it looks, but this does not work on the fast properly. So in this if any suggestions then help me over here.

I have some context menu items disabled and it is a bit faster, but still difficult, whether many files in the folder are or not. It's interesting. Only if I want into a folder inside or choose a folder in the folder view, then there for about a second the circle cursor and only then will the content displayed. I have the feeling that the Explorer when clicking on the folder something pr UFT or executes before the content shows. Maybe some were "Directory enters" - added event handlers, which slows it all? I do not know what I could try. I wanted to try a desktop recorder to record the effect to be seen How it looks, but this does not work on the fast properly. So in this if any suggestions then help me over here.