Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010

How do I remove a virtual CD-ROM?

I would like to remove the virtual CD-ROM drive, which somehow remained good sometimes ago probably after the installation. Then I had some virus or something and not uninstalled Daemon tools. but I deleted the folder. It's a long story, but I had to do, because the comp in general not suitable for usage and me chasing time (an important project). Now I wanted to remove the drive, just do not know how. Maybe something in the registry? Please help
Old 11-12-2010

Re: How do I remove a virtual CD-ROM?

If Daemon Tool is launched, you have a small cd in a red square on the bottom right, next time. You simply need to disable the Virtual CD / DVD. You right click -> Virtual CD / DVD -> Set Number of Device -> Disable. if you are not able to do this then simply uninstall this application. Could you give us what you want to do or what you are trying or getting like an error message if you want to reinstall daemon tools. (Since you say "can not reinstall daemon tools)
Old 11-12-2010

I was looking for a solution to a similar problem. I tampered with my system. In short, a virtual drive persists after uninstalling daemon tool. The result was that I could not disable this virtual drive as D-tool does not regard as "theirs"? It was there that's all. I could reinstall D-Tools without problems this is quiet simple change the name of the bus and miniport when reinstalling. A passage in safe mode (recall F8 key when Windows starts) he confirmed the existence of 2 different buses for the virtual drives. The former named "d347bus" and the new "minibus. I go to load the old and the new left it to load. After startup, I had the new virtual drive. More persistent virtual drive. I'm back to normal and I started looking for more manual uninstall Daemon Tools and I came across this page. The procedure requires a minimum of knowledge, but everything is settled for me.
Old 11-12-2010

Hello After trying and uninstalled Alcohol 120%, I forgot to remove the CD before the virtual total elimination. Results at each start-up, the virtual drive is mounted so that Alcohol is no longer installed. A Relocation No Alcohol has not changed, the drive no longer recognized as virtual. I just uninstall it, go delete the registry keys, drive back and rewrite the registry keys previously deleted. So how do you do to remove this final drive? Thanks in advance.....
Old 11-12-2010

I am facing a problem with the removal of a virtual disk created in the program alcohol 120%. I had two versions of this program, when a license has ended I could not remove the virtual disk. In addition, also did not work so the uninstaller program (now I know I did stupid) I deleted the folder manually. I tried to repair all entries in the registry with the help of RegCleaner, CCleaner, etc. Unfortunately, the drive still is, in addition to the mounted disc image which I would like to remove because it has more than 3.5 GB. Also, when computer, pops me find information on new equipment, and there is a SCSI and RAID controller which I can not install the drivers and still every time I start the system is the same. I also tried to delete it in Safe Mode but it does not help. I can also install another version nor full, when you try to install version is supposedly installed on your computer and try to uninstall what fails.
Old 11-12-2010

Almost never used alcohol, but this kind of drives mounted at boot normally using the service - type to run services.msc, and try to find the service, alcohol, just me off, if you want me to delete you have to do it in the key . HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services . To find this service in the services, right click, properties, and at the top will be the name of the service the same key should be in the key services, right click on it and delete to access the registry, type regedit to run and press the enter key.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,