Thread: Backup related repeated Warnings Event ID -51

Backup related repeated Warnings Event ID -51

Hi I was surprise if somebody may possibly assist me by means of the following Event Error. When I try to perform the backup I always getting this error message saying that“Event ID - 51 - An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation”.I did a complete scandisk as well as defragged the hard drive. Right now it is functioning as well as I have had no terrible break down or else anything, however I am frightened that it may be a signal of somewhat severe. I have done three days search on Internet about this error but I could not find any solution for this. Can any one provide any help regarding to this trouble.Please help

Re: Backup related repeated Warnings Event ID -51

I also have the similar trouble; however I’m not certain what is happening. Do you encompass a drive D? I comprise C along with D, for the reason of this trouble as well as this error message \Device\Harddisk0\D. After this I formatted D however at the moment it's occurring once more. My PC locks up totally. I have on the way to reorganize the PC however after that windows will not start. I have on the way to run windows recovery all the way through the windows CD as a result I be able to do a chkdsk /p on C. This after that fixes several errors as well as after that I be able to load windows once more. Subsequent to inspecting the event viewer I obtain the similar error message once more at accurately the occasion the PC freeze. As a result I have no hint if it is drive D or else C that is providing me hell!

Can you post the detail information of the hard disk?This error message frequently resembles to a hardware trouble, i.e. your hard disk is about to happen out. You may as well attempt altering the firmware driver on the way to the LEGACY one. Go to device manager and select IEEE 1394 Bus Controller choose the Update driver software. Now browse my computer and click Let me pick from a list and select the line with Legacy in it.

I cannot discover anything on their site concerning utilities similar to that. Are you certain custom utilities are required for Firmware drives? Anyhow, I make use of Windows tools on the way to verify both "Automatically resolve file system fault" as well as "Scan for and try recovery of bad sectors" furthermore observe no error messages from the drive or else the volume. After that I exchange the cable from Firmware to USB as an alternative.
    From the time when then, I have seen no Error 51 warning show up.

I updated my IEEE 1394 controller driver to IEEE 1394 Bus Controller.
    This change appears to have fix this problem. To complete this driver transform, here are instructions:
    1. Go to Control Panel .In search box above type "device manager", run Device Manager
    2. Go to View / view by type, after that enlarge IEEE 1394 Bus Controllers
    3. Double click 1394 OHCI Host controller on the way to carry up "properties", as well as mark present driver name on Driver tab
    4. Go to Driver tab / "Update Driver"/ "Browse my computer for driver software" / . Now browse my computer and click Let me pick from a list and select the line with Legacy in it.

I am as well having alike trouble by means of hundreds of System, Event 51, Disk, Warning originate in the System log at what time I make use of my external Firmware IEEE 1394 drive. At what time reading or else lettering big files, the transmit speed drops radically following about 3 sec on the way to a extremely slow speed (much slower as compare to the similar drive used by means of my old windows XP PC). I have furthermore become aware of while the fault is happening the whole system performance is extremely slow. Process does ultimately comprehensive with no error if I remain and wait and wait. As a result after that I will possibly follow the advice above.