Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to assign static IP addresses for litetouch boot media on MDT2010

Windows Software

Old 11-12-2010

How to assign static IP addresses for litetouch boot media on MDT2010

I have some knowledge in Microsoft Deployment Tool. Now I am looking for a configuration which I haven?t performed before and there is no instruction about it. The question is about configuring static IP on the litetouch boot media on MDT2010. For this I have tried several configurations on file such as bootstrap, customsettings and nicsettings_definition_enu. I failed in this configuration. None of the files worked at all. If anybody have the knowledge about this configuration then please reply me.

Old 11-12-2010

Re: How to assign static IP addresses for litetouch boot media on MDT2010

I think it is possible to define static IP address. You can configure it in at the beginning of the wizard windows. There are several controls define there, you need to set their properties as write so that you can edit its contents. The names of the properties are given below.
  • OSDAdapterxDNSServerList
  • OSDAdapterxDNSSuffix
  • OSDAdapterxGateways
  • OSDAdapterxIPAddressList
  • OSDAdapterxMacAddress
  • OSDAdapterxSubnetMask
  • OSDAdapterxWINSServerList
  • OSDAdapterCount
Old 11-12-2010

If you are unable set the IP address on litetouch boot media then I think you can rely on DHCP server for IP configuration. Please ensure that you have checked the right file. The main files are bootstrap.ini and/or NICsettings_definition_enu.xml. You need to check their setting first. Among both file one of the file surely going to work for you. I hope that you will find the way. Make sure that you have the ?Write? access for those.
Old 11-12-2010

I have done the following things for IP assignment. I got some issues but worked properly. What I did is I just removed the check parameter in DHCP checkbox. After that I manually assigned IP/GateWay/DNS addresses in bootstrap file. Then I booted the litetouch media. When I have seen in the DHCP option, all options were unchecked and the static IP address was properly assigned. I didn?t get any issue at all.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,