Thread: Working with excel macros on a mac system

Working with excel macros on a mac system

I be familiar by means of Excel 2008 does not sustain or maintain VB macros, additional than did anybody become aware of by means of the intention of "Macros..." is tranquil obtainable under the Tools menu. I wonder why it's there. By the way, I saved an previous file in Excel 2008 by means of the intention of had macros and then opened it in Excel 2004 to observe if the macros are tranquil there. They are. By means of the intention of is a big relief, for the reason by means of the intention of I be familiar by means of I be able to at least work on files with the intention of have comprised VB code in them without worrying by means of the intention of if I save the file in Excel 2008 format the macros determine to go poof. Correct me if I am wrong additional than I do not imagine simple macros necessitate VB.

Re: Working with excel macros on a mac system

The native Excel macros require VB. You be obliged to be imagining of a number of keystroke sequencing programs, or maybe Applescript. So for working with macros I necessitate to utilize windows excel not mac excel. I am going to do a number of vba in my classes and I encompass a Mac, and in excel it has by means of the intention of alternative of "Macros" additional than it does not have vba, there several way of installing Not for Excel 2008. Excel 2004 encompass VBA hold up or maintain (pedestal on VB 5, which is the corresponding of Excel 97 on the Windows side, and by means of the intention of determine to not be sufficient for several class work). If you are taking VBA classes, the supposition determine to be by means of the intention of it is Windows-based and moreover Excel 2003 (VB 6) or Excel 2007 (.net). So you might load Boot Camp and install Windows and one of those versions or descriptions.MS has indicated by means of the intention of VBA determine to come back to the Mac, additional than who knows when and in what description.

The Old-style Excel macros (Excel 5.0/95 macros) are not pedestal on VB and carry on to run extremely well in 2008. I had immediately found out I not be able to effectively utilize a critical commencing form (riddled by means of macros) produced by the federal government and necessary for applications for grants-in fact it is necessary for each federal grant. In most recent year I might utilize the files, no predicament the macros worked. I have comprised mac office 2004, which of course I encompass updated all the way through the year as advised in those to bring up to date reminders. Apple tech staff on my local store most recent night consideration the updates might have been the predicament, so I trashed and the reinstalled my 2004 software tranquil an issue. Does anybody be familiar by means of an additional alternative additional than it.

For illustration, if I required generating a 'macro' similar to function to enter 5 rows beneath every row, how do I do this in Apple Script. Does anybody be familiar by means of several literature or website where I be able to study regarding this additional. I have comprised this worksheet generated in Excel 2007 in which I wrote a macro to assist me enter data into a table. I necessitate to have the similar functionality in Office 2008 additional than subsequent to doing a number of reading, I tranquil have not figured out how to do it. By means of the intention of primary if (D26>0) tells the macro by means of the intention of there is an concrete value to add/subtract, if it's greater than zero it continue if not it does nothing. There is an if for every category of product, as you be able to observe.

Most of them do not necessitate observing the entire your code. Office 2008 for Mac has extremely minimal macro hold up or maintain. You might endeavor open office for mac, it runs a bit superior. Otherwise I do not be familiar by means of what to tell you. Try office 2004, I imagine it worked superior. Otherwise wait for office 2011, it determine to be here attractive almost immediately I imagine. I am endeavoring to set up a number of macros in Excel 2004. When I go to record the macro, subsequent to I type in the name of the Macro, I not be able to record it. The merely button by means of the intention of I be able to hit it off is "Cancel". I am not position a space in my macro name. Maybe somewhat interrelated, I be able to locate/open my Personal Workbook. There are no hidden files. And when I endeavor to generate the Macro, the "Personal Workbook" is not an alternative for where to save it. I am attractive recognizable by means of the windows Excel, so this entire seems kind of weird.

No, Office 2004 has macro sustain or maintain (pedestal on VB 5), excluding Office 2008 does not encompass macro hold up or maintain. The OP stated they had Office 2004, so there is macro hold up. I remember observing this tribulations a small number of years ago. I determine to endeavor to locate the link to resolve. One alternative would be to generate an AppleScript as an alternative of utilizing VBA macros. This is a superior solution if you are merely running on a Mac, additional than would not assist if you are going cross-platform. The AppleScript vocabulary in Excel 2004 is attractive superior; most of them made perfection to it in Excel 2008 to endeavor to bridge the gap by means of the intention of eliminating VBA caused.