Thread: Way to insert a Date Picker in MS Excel cell

Way to insert a Date Picker in MS Excel cell

I am having an Excel Workbook and this workbook has very much important data which must need a date to verify them. So I thought to insert the automatic date picker which will release the headache of checking the date for the data again and again. Can anybody tell me how can I insert the date picker in the Excel cell?

Re: Way to insert a Date Picker in MS Excel cell

I suggest you to add a DateTimePicker control in your excel worksheet at the range. For adding such tool you have to install the Microsoft.Office.Tools.Excel.v9.0 (in Microsoft.Office.Tools.Excel.v9.0.dll). Once your machine has this version then it won't be much hard to add datetimepicker tool in your worksheet. This tool would be in Microsoft.Office.Tools.Excel.Controls.DateTimePicker.

According to me you have to Add a new DateTimePicker control to the worksheet which is the perfect one for purpose of what you are trying to have on your excel sheet. Here I have provided the methods which you can use to add datetime picker.
    • AddDateTimePicker(Range, String) : Adds a new DateTimePicker control to the worksheet at the range specified.
    • AddDateTimePicker(Double, Double, Double, Double, String) : Adds a new DateTimePicker control to the worksheet in the specified size and location.

Following are the exceptions that you have to use whenever you use the datetimepicker in your excel sheet. Actually sometime this exceptions saves your work.

• ArgumentNullException : Name or Range arg is a null which is just nothing in Visual Basic, or Name arg has zero length.
    • ControlNameAlreadyExistsException : A control with the same name is already in the ControlCollection instance.
    • InvalidRangeException : For controlling the specified range. You won't be able to use Multi-area ranges. Specifies range must be on the same worksheet as the ControlCollection instance.