Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to open links in a new tab in SharePoint

Windows Software

Old 10-12-2010

How to open links in a new tab in SharePoint

I am using SharePoint and the thing that I want to achiever is that I want to open the links in new tab. Now you will say that what is the problem in doing this, but let me complete my question. Links that I want to open in new tab are present in a list of SharePoint. I do not want to open the links manually but want to open the links with some kind of automatic mechanism. I know that this can be done because I have seen this and I know that there is need of changing something somewhere but I am not able to find that thing. If there is someone who has the solution for this kind of problem then let me know about that.

Old 10-12-2010

Re: How to open links in a new tab in SharePoint

I think that you have the same concern. I found a "semi" solution, but that does not suit me too. I will submit it anyway. Maybe just two, we find our solution. By inserting a webpart type "report content" we get to the part "link synthesis. This one allows you to create a list of links and the option "Open in new window is proposed and it works very well. But for me, my concern is that we cannot" hide "the bar tools. If this solution suits you and you know how to turn this toolbar, I am a buyer for the solution! Do not forget me if you get the solution for this.
Old 10-12-2010

Thank you for your reply, but I do not think that answers my problem. Indeed, I had already spent this setting to "permission" to be able to open documents (pdf) without having to store them locally. There the problem is not opening files, but the opening of links (a list of links) in a new tab (or new window), in short the equivalent of html code: target = "_blank". If you have any other idea then please let me and if I get the solution then surely I will post the solution.
Old 10-12-2010

I just created this Web Part, and once finished the changes, only the title ("Summary Links" by default) is followed by a color line. For your information it is possible to change this title. Does that answer your problem? If not, can you be more specific? For my part, this solution (through a component "links synthesis" rather than a list of links) is acceptable, but not completely satisfactory. Indeed, to give users the rights to amend this list of links, I must give rights to the page and features, but not on the list.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,