Thread: Transferring file on Acer Aspire 8735G using USB hard drive stop working

Transferring file on Acer Aspire 8735G using USB hard drive stop working

My brother purchased a new Acer Aspire 8735G and we have installed windows 7 64 bit.I include a fresh install as well as each and every one the newest BIOS plus drivers from the maker. It is even not operating Nvidia chip designed for the USB enhanced controller. We are using an Intel controller. At what time I make use of any USB hdd, the transfer begins after that it stops working when trying to transfer that large files. It appears on the way to discontinue at several points during the transfer. I have on the way to restart to obtain in order to start the USB port to be functioning once more. I am facing this problem only with large files as well as with the folders that contain large amount of files within them. If you have any suggestion regarding to this please let me know. Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

Re: Transferring file on Acer Aspire 8735G using USB hard drive stop working

I am having several doubts in my mind.
    A. By which means are you attempting to transfer the files to external hdd drives?
    B.Are you able to transfer it earlier?
    C.What error message are you getting when trying to transfer the files?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps.
    Step 1
    Attempt on the way to transfer the file system to NTFS as well as observe if you are capable of transferring files.
    1. Go to start
    2. Select Run and type cmd in the search box.
    3. Right click on cmd and select run as administrator.
    4. This will open a command prompt. Now type convert <drive_letter> /fs:ntfs

Step 2
    Attempt on the way to split the files to minor size or else reduce the files size furthermore transfer the files.

Step 3
    Uninstall each and every one USB associated entries in device manager.
    1. Go to start and right click on computer and select propertied or Right click on computer on desktop and select Properties.
    2. Now select 'Device Manager'
    4. Enlarge the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' group
    5. Right click as well as uninstall each and every one entry listed
    6. Reboot your computer.
    I would recommend you on the way to go to your company website as well as attempt on the way to install newest drivers for chipset. Ensure that you have install it in compatibility mode at the same time as there are no 64 bit drivers available for Windows 7.

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit on an HP Pavilion, 64 bit operating system, plus have this trouble.Problem:
    Any USB external hard drives lose its connection as well as stops functioning just at what time copying large files from internal drive on the way to external USB drives. Device may possibly appear on the way to work well at what time Windows initial starts up however afterward stop functioning subsequent to large files begin to copy. You have to start again Windows on the way to obtain the USB functioning once more. This happens just at what time copying files large files on the way to the USB, not to the internal drive. It as well happened at what time I sync my iPhone by means of iTunes at what time it begin syncing music files.Your suggestion would be appreciated.
    I have tried the following suggestions:
    1) installed the latest BIOS from manufacturer website.
    2) I have also tried by disabling power management on the USB hub for drives
    3) ensure that the BIOS setting for Legacy USB is set to on.
    It occurs on three different MotherBoard so I am sure that this is not a MotherBoard problem.As well tried three dissimilar USB drives plus dissimilar cables.

You be able to try on the way to uninstall as well as reinstall drivers intended for USB ports in device manager. Uninstall each and every one USB associated entry IN DEVICE MANAGER.I would recommend you on the way to go to your Manufacturer's site as well as attempt to install most recent drivers designed for chipset. Ensure that you have installed it in compatibility mode. Hope this will help you to get rid of your trouble.

This is the similar trouble at the same time as I have reported beneath "USB fails" earlier.I am as well making use of the windows 7 64 bit version.I have check for drivers by means of the MSI website; however there is nothing for Windows 7.None of the suggested solution has any positive effect – so this irritating trouble will not go away.

I have tried to uninstall as suggested in the above thread but this does not have any effect and the problem still persist. I have done diagnostic startup by going to msconfig but the trouble still exists. I have also tried starting in safe mode and in safe mode the transfer works perfectly. I am able to turn off each and every one the startup items as well as each and every one non Microsoft services however the trouble still exist. Safe mode functions well for the large file transfers. I hope this information helps.