Thread: Taskmanager shows Svchost.exe processes running

Taskmanager shows Svchost.exe processes running

Hello friends ,I had Windows xp on my computer system which I had upgraded to Windows 7 just few days ago. After the upgrade I saw that my computer system was running very slow, so what I did was I went to the task manager to check what are all the processes that are running on the system to get and idea of what is going wrong. So while viewing the task manager I saw that there was 11 svchost.exe processes running in the task manager. Now this is something that I have found first time so I don't know what exactly do this problem suggest. So can any one help me to know what the problem is and how can it be solved.

Re: Taskmanager shows Svchost.exe processes running

Hey why dont you try to delete all the files that comes up in the task manager and then see what happens. You can select one by one the svchost.exe files and then press the End Process. Once you select that, you will prompted one message box saying would you like to delete it and you have to press the OK button for it. Using the same way you have to delete all the process and then restart the system. Once you restart the system you should again check whether the files have been completely removed from the task manager. If not then again try the same process and you will surely be able to get rid of all the files.

Hey friend I would like to know from you that did you faced the same problem while you were having Windows Xp on your system or this problem only started after the installation of the Windows 7. Also, have you downloaded any files after installing the Windows 7 from the internet and failed to install the file completely on the system. If this is the case then I think that you have to completely remove the program from the system so that the files can be deleted from the task manager as well. So first do this and the see if you are able to solve the problem or else please be free to post again we will try to solve the problem using some other options.

Hey friends thanks for the quick reply, I have tried all your option that you have mentioned in the post and unfortunately none of them solved my problem. I have tried deleting the files many time from the task manager but still after the reboot the files again shows up in the task manager. Also, I would like to tell you that the I had downloaded the file from the internet which due to some reason failed to get completely installed in my system. So I have that same files running in the system. Can any one help me to sort out this issue as early as possible because it is really slowing down my computer performance.

Hey why don't you use the control panel to remove the files from the system. You can go to the start menu and select control panel and then select the files which you want to delete from the ADD and Remove programs. So I think that this will certainly remove the file and you will get to solve all your problem. Also, if that doesn't solves your problem so you can use C cleaner to remove the temporary files from the C drive and that I think will surely help you to solve the problem.

Hey I think that you have to completely format the system again to remove the files from the task manager. I think that these unwanted files will never go away even if you delete them from the control panel so the question of directly deleting the file is out. Also, I think that the uninstalled files can effected the other applications on the computer system. So I think that completely reformatting the system again will surely help you o solve the problem.