Thread: I/O errors unable to install the MS updates

I/O errors unable to install the MS updates

My Polywell laptop recently rejects to install? Manually as well as automatically? It forced me to select mandatory Microsoft updates and produce I/O errors when running MS and Windows programs, especially Internet Explorer so it unable me install the MS update. My laptop configuration is P4 processor, 1 GB RAM (2 x 512Mg) DDR, 2.0GHz, PC3200. So I need to ask some questions about this quote how can I able to verify the RAM stick is bad, can P4 processor handle 2 GB RAM, since P4 handles maximum 1 GB RAM. Does anyone have the solution for this problem then please reply to my post as soon as possible. Help will be thankful.

Re: I/O errors unable to install the MS updates

The model which you mentioned above is about 10 years ago i.e. P4 processor. This model mandatory requires yearly cleaning of utter formed inside the computer and if owners didn't do that and even if they did I discover the CPU heat sink to require to be removed, dirt free and fresh heat sink compound must be setup. If the machine have to be saved and the usual (hardware) cleaning didn't assist we try to find a slower pace CPU (it generates less heat and can calm down the timing) to install and carry it back to process. Expect this assists you see what the issue was with those machines.

Yeah, according to your post above the Ram is the big problem in your configuration. Generally your p4 processor works better if the RAM is up to 512 MB memory. But you are inserting two RAM stick at a time though p4 handles RAM of 1 GB, and beyond that the system will crash. So I think that the make your memory up to 512 MB. Then your system will run smooth without any error. If device reaches its last limit then it probable will give error. So I suggest you to keep only 1 stick of 512 MB RAM and check out whether it is giving same I/O error or not.

Not long ago makers came out with "Pentium 4 Processor" based laptops which honestly were a tragedy as time passed. No one told the proprietor about maintenance and by the time we got the machine it was regularly too late. I can able to install to older pc at my home properly but precaution has to taken because this processor are really slow as compared to present processor. So must have patience to get rid of the problem. I think that your operating system which installed is not properly install the I/O errors come whenever the any hardware I/O system causes any problem to your pc.