Thread: Adobe reader updater gets stuck on the screen

Adobe reader updater gets stuck on the screen

I was working in my computer and i suddenly received a pop up of an "adobe update is available click here to install the update". I thought of probably updating the adobe reader. Now what has happened is that after clicking on the particular icon it started the updating process. After sometime it displayed a message saying that connecting to the Adobe reader updater and this message has just got stuck. It is just refusing to close while clicking on exit. The procedure has got stuck from many days while i open the windows and it just refused to move to trash. Every time I try to resume the updation the message is saying that cannot connect to the adobe server . Now I am stuck with this screen message and i just want to remove it. Please suggest me some solution.

Re: Adobe reader updater gets stuck on the screen

Well looking at your problem it appears to me as a some kind of malware. Try erasing this malware and remove the malware by the latest anti virus. There are a various kind of pop ups available while browsing the internet. You must not click to these pop ups because ultimately it will give you the problem that you are facing now. So just try scanning the entire system and if the anti virus detects the malware just delete it. Again if you don’t get the desired result by running the anti virus. Then the last option is to uninstall the adobe software and reboot the system. Just keep the backup of the adobe data and go ahead with the uninstallation.

I would suggest you to go with the force Quit option. With the force quit option you can just delete the application or a particular file. Now when you start with the force quit option a force quit dialogue box appears. For the force quit dialog box to open just hold the command button with the option button and press the esc key this will lead to the force quit dialog box to open. So you can go ahead with the force quit option. This is a better option than to forcefully close down the CPU by plugging it off. Just try this method and let me know if it works.

I have heard a lot of problems regarding the adobe update issue. Many of the users are very unhappy with the way the update process takes place it is practically very slow and seems to slow up further. Most of the time it shows an error message saying that Cannot connect to the adobe server which is a really frustrating. So I would prefer to use foxit reader on the daily basis. It is far much better than the adobe and is not necessary that you have to regularly keep on updating in the foxit reader. These updates provided by adobe are just kind of malware’s. In order to avoid the pop ups provided by adobe we should keep the automatic updates setting off.

question Re: Adobe reader updater gets stuck on the screen

why cant i get my plugins to upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by april woodley View Post
    why cant i get my plugins to upgrade
    Could you be more specific in describing your problem in details? Are you saying that you are not able to update the adobe flash player plugins? From which browser are you trying to update the plugins? It might be a problem with your browser so try to reinstall it on your system. Other than that you can troubleshoot your problem by reading in this adobe kb articles - http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html