Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

AVG Free caused Windows Startup routine to fail

Windows Software

Old 07-12-2010

AVG Free caused Windows Startup routine to fail

Hello friends I have a Windows 7 64 bit version on my system and it was running fine the AVG antivirus on it. Yesterday I got the message on my computer screen that the free update of the AVG free 2011 is available and you can click OK to download it. So I without hesitant click on the OK button and downloaded the update of the free antvirus software that I am using and as usual it prompted me to restart the computer for the settings to take effect, so I restarted the system. But while it was rebooting the screen showed the Windows logo but after that again the system started to boot again and it was continuously rebooting. I am able to completely start my system again after the update. So please someone help me to overcome this problem as I have got some important data in the drive that I want urgently.

Old 07-12-2010

Re: AVG Free caused Windows Startup routine to fail

Hey why dont you go to the BIOS settings of your system when the system is about to boot and see over there for options as start the Windows normally. If you find this option then please select the option and then reboot again. This time it will surely help you to recover from the problem and you will be surely be able to boot in the system completely.
Old 07-12-2010

Hey why don't yo use the the System Checker/Repair application from the Windows Boot menu and then see if the problems get solved .The System Repair will automatically repair the problem if it is not related to the virus and you will be automatically redirected to the start up screen and after that the system will boot completely. I hope that this solves your problem and that it should not be any other because that will make the matter more worse. So try this option out and then see what happens.
Old 07-12-2010

Hey friends thanks for the quick reply, I have tried all the options that have been mentioned by you but still I am not able to solve the error. I have done the system repair and over there it showed that the problem is solved but the same thing happened again, I was not able to boot completely. I have also selected the option in the BIOS of start the windows normally as well as start the windows from the last known state but still I was not able to solve the problem, so can any one help me to solve this issue quickly.
Old 07-12-2010

Hey why don't you run the Windows System Restore and then see if that solve your problem. I think that the update of the antivirus software might have caused some very errors in the operating system it self and that is why you are not able to boot the system smoothly as you were able to do previously. So you must run the Windows System Restore to revert back to the normal operation and then see if you are able to boot completely, I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
Old 08-12-2010

Hey I think that the update might have caused the malicious programs like virus and worms to enter the system and caused serious damaged to the system due to which you were not able to boot the system completely. I think that the only option would be format the hard drive and then see if that solves your problem

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,