Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Opening .asf files

Windows Software

Old 07-12-2010

Opening .asf files

I was having Windows 7 operating system installed on my apple Macbook. While browsing across the internet I have downloaded some of the songs which are having asf extensions. I am unaware of this asf files and how to open them. Is there any software or converter through which I can open asf files. I need a solution describing the steps to open asf files.

Old 07-12-2010

Re: Opening .asf files

You might have seen many file formats; one of them is asf file format. Asf file format are known as Advanced Systems Format which is developed by Microsoft Company. Asf is a streaming media format which contains video, audio etc. we can use different type of software for playing asf file format. We can convert asf file into other formats with many different converter.
Old 07-12-2010

We can make use of total video converter to convert asf files into any other formats. We need to download, install total video converter and follow the below given steps to convert it:
  1. Double click on the total video converter icon to open it.
  2. Click on the browse button to select asf file which you want to convert.
  3. After loading the asf file into total video converter you should also select the appropriate format into which you want to convert it.
  4. Click on the convert button to begin the conversion. After the conversion is finished it will be saved into the desired location.
Old 07-12-2010

We can play asf files on the MAC book. For playing asf file we need to download and install Flip4Mac software on the Macbook system. The installation of Flip4Mac will install QuickTime plug-in which has the capability to play variety of different formats. We can also make use of other player such as VLC, MPlayer to play asf files on Macbook.
Old 09-12-2010

We can also convert asf files into other format such as MOV, MPEG, and MP4. For converting asf files on Macbook we have to make use ASF Video Converter for Mac. Follow the below steps to make use of ASF Video Converter for Mac
  1. Download and install ASF Video Converter for Mac.
  2. After the installation of ASF Video Converter drag and drop the asf files into the ASF Video Converter window.
  3. You need to select output format and also specify the location where it should keep the converted asf files.
  4. Click on the convert button to start the conversion. You can also extract MP3 from asf file using ASF Video Converter.
Old 09-12-2010

You can also make use of Boilsoft ASF Converter to convert asf file format. Boilsoft ASF Converter is a powerful and useful utility tool available which can convert asf files to other formats and vice?versa. Boilsoft ASF Converter is a freeware tool available which also support Divx, Xvid etc. You can also make use of Boilsoft Video Cutter software for editing movies.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,