Thread: How to stream TV with VLC

How to stream TV with VLC

I was anticipating somebody might point me in the right direction; I give the impression to be hitting brick walls each time I administer to get approximately a tribulations. I have comprised and been tasked by means of streaming the World Cup to a numeral of desktops working with Windows XP and encompass windows media player. I desire the users to go to a link on our intranet, which determine to load up the tributary and play in Windows Media Player. I be familiar by means of I be able to set this by generating a hyper link to mms streamserver: 8080. My streaming box is an Ubuntu 10.04, by means of dvb-apps and VLC inaugurated. I scanned for my live channels by means of: Live TV runs a treat, and I am capable to revolutionize channel, and view the entire the contented on the local box. This is where the entire falls down, and I not be able to get VLC to stream.

Re: How to stream TV with VLC

I am endeavoring to do something by means of the intention of I imagine is even simpler, additional than I am not certain accurately where to start. I have comprised and played by means of VNC and endeavor to re-stream a streaming broadcast to port 8181. Immediately to test I have comprised in addition endeavor streaming a number of mp3s commencing from my PC to the similar port, additional than nothing runs so far. I am utilizing Xiia (pro) to tune to the stream, additional than I have not endeavor the VNC+Webserver alternative yet. I am going to endeavor by means of the intention of at present, additional than if anybody has several tried and tested illustration for me to utilize I would be grateful for it. If I am successful I determine to create certain and post the out string.

If you desire to be capable to stream commencing from a DVB card (a protectorate card or a digital terrestrial TV card), you necessitate inaugurating the DVB drivers: if you utilize a Linux 2.6.x kernel, you presently necessitate choosing the right modules in your kernel arrangement. If you are utilizing a Linux 2.4.x kernel, you be obliged to download the most recent release of the DVB drivers commencing the DVB drivers download page of the LinuxTV Project. The subsequent sections take for granted by means of the intention of you encompass a running linux-dvb installation, moreover commencing from stock kernel 2.6 or commencing kernel 2.4 by means of DVB patches. If you encompass several tribulations by means of the linux-dvb drivers, give pleasure to report the tribulations to the maintainers of the drivers, not to us.

The VLC has many additional characteristic than VLS. First you be able to utilize the advanced stream output alternative such as transcoding and the entire kinds of output sustains or maintains. The Second VLC is able to receive advantage of the Common Interface sustained or maintained by a number of DVB adapters to descramble one or several services. Presently released versions or descriptions of VLC merely hold up the low-level API so a number of adapters would not run (budget-ci cards work, twinhan does not). Some CAM modules are not compatible by means of some DVB cards; create certain the linux-dvb documentation for additional information in sequence. So-called "professional" CAM modules are capable to descramble up to twelve services, at the same time as customer-oriented modules are frequently limited to one or two services unless otherwise particular.

In this you have to first, you must inaugurate Java, and when you have to comprised download and install Webscheduler. After that you have to go subsequent to the prompts, and when asked decide a port you by means of to utilize to have right of entry Webscheduler. I extremely recommend a firewall to obstruct right of entry to this port commencing the internet. When Webscheduler is inaugurated, in your web browser (I utilize Firefox), type the localhost without the “” and position back your Port by means of the port numeral you setup when you installed Webscheduler. You be supposed to observe the subsequent screen. You at present necessitate setup Webscheduler to be capable to take delivery of digital TV. Then you have to hit it off on the “System Setup” connection, then hit it off on “Card Setup” and create certain your card is in the “current card list.” If it is not, create certain you have comprised the BDA drivers installed appropriately, or you have the most recent TwinHan DTV-T drivers installed (if you have that particular card).

Here you have to replace your IP Address by means of your systems IP address, which be able to be originate in Windows XP by navigating to the control panel, and then switch to characteristic view, and then hit it off on “Network associations.” After that you have to hit it off on your network card you utilize to have right of entry the network, and your IP address determine to come into view on the left column and hit it off Home and you at present comprise Webscheduler set up appropriately. Then you have to open VLC, and hit it off on the open button (), then hit it off on the “Network” tab. Hit it off on “UDP/RTP Multicast” and penetrate “224.0.0.1” into the Address bar, and go away the port numeral at “1234,” then hit it off OK. The VLC be supposed to give the impression of being similar to it subsequently, go to the home page of Webscheduler and hit it off on “Schedule List,” and then hit it off on “Add innovative Schedule.” The current date be supposed to be highlighted, so hit it off on by means of the intention of it. You at present necessitate entering the details of the ‘dry recording’ (as I call it), so entering the present time, and entering an appropriate duration for which you desire to encompass the stream active.