Thread: Windows 7: Creative Webcam Live is not working

Windows 7: Creative Webcam Live is not working

I attempt set up the Creative Webcam Live! Pro by means of Windows 7 64-bit, however ran into problem while setting up the driver. It popped up the message that an unidentified fault takes place, even in Windows XP compatibility mode. It utilizes to run presently very well in Windows XP. I contain a burn up feeling that it now isn't compatible by means of Windows 7, but required to inquire if anybody has had achievement by means of it or can verify that it's absolutely not considering eye-to-eye by way of Windows 7. Any thoughts on what fresh model to find?

Re: Windows 7: Creative Webcam Live is not working

I think you should check out all this things on the Creative’s site I hope they might have made some driver for their webcam which might be compatible for windows 7. I would like to suggest you to check also at the Microsoft website they might have had the driver for the webcam and then download the driver to the system and then go to the device manager which takes you to the unknown device option and then click on the update and after this point it to the directory where the extracted file is saved into the system. Also remember that this all should be done after the attachment of the creative webcam.

Just to allow anybody be familiar with who have the creative webcam Live Pro the xp drivers set up it and it's working very well on windows 7 for me. I perform a number of additional explore and understand that they didn't release a windows 7 or windows Vista driver moreover. So, at the present it's presently stored in a drawer in my cabinet. I purchase the HP KQ246AA from finest purchase on sale, and it labor by means of Windows 7 64-bit correct out of the box. The appearances are analogous to the Creative one, and contain a built-in microphone.

I am having something similar problem as you the above post has described Actually I have a CD driver for the cam but the problem is that I am not able to install it as when I am trying to install the driver to the system so that my PC will work properly then I got a message on the desktop that it is not compatible with windows 7. So please help me in getting install the driver so that I will be able to use the webcam. Thanks for the suggestion in advance.

So you want to know how to install the driver for the webcam which you have already tried but fails as it is not getting installed into the system as it shows that it not compatible with windows 7. SO to install the driver you need to follow the steps given below:
    • First of all cancel the auto play if you are getting the auto play at the same time as you have inserted the CD.
    • After this in the next steps brows the CD and look for the setup.exe or something which is similar to this.
    • After this do a right click on the setup file and then select the option Run Compatibility Mode for Win Xp or 98 or whatever version you have printed on the CD.
    • Do not allow the creative to update it as the newest update won’t work so try installing the driver which you have on the CD.