Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 cannot access the Canon i860 printer on the network

Windows Software

Old 06-12-2010

Windows 7 cannot access the Canon i860 printer on the network

I have two PC on the on the network and in addition to this scenario I have the Printer from the Canon i860. Now the thing is that I have one PC installed with the Windows 7 and I have the other one having the Windows XP. Now I have the printer connected to the Windows XP PC. Now the issue here is that I can have the access to the printer with the Windows XP PC that is directly connected to the Printer but when I try to access the Printer with the Windows 7 PC I cannot have the access. Can you all please tell me what can be done here? I have taken care of the Drivers but that really cannot help me here.

Old 06-12-2010

Re: Windows 7 cannot access the Canon i860 printer on the network

I think that you will be required to have the updated drivers here in this case and I think that it will serve you in a good and healthy manner. Well I am saying this because you have mentioned that you have the drivers then I think that this is the only think that you can look for. Well go to the official site of the Canon and see if you can have the updated drivers from there. Also see if you can have the compatible drivers for the same here.
Old 06-12-2010

I do not think that you will be able to have the Windows 7 drivers for the Canon and if at all you are having the Windows 7 64 bit version on the PC then I think that you will be required to wait for some more time and if it is the 32 bit version then I think that the compatible drivers here can be brought in the action here. Well if you do not find the Drivers for the Windows 7 then you can have the one for the Windows Vista. Please give this a try and let me see if you were able to have the solution here.
Old 06-12-2010

Well I have something really important thing to suggest here. You have mentioned that you have the Windows 7 machine and you have the drivers on that installed I would suggest you to install the same drivers for the Printers on the Windows XP Machine and see if what I have suggested here can really make some difference here. Well in order to see the two PC communicate I think that there should be some common medium so that the communication can be established and hence I think that this can help a bit here. Please try this and then try to access the Printer.
Old 09-12-2010

In my opinion I think that you will be required to let the drivers on both the system to get updated. That is the only thing that I can suggest you at this very moment. Well you can have the updated rivers from the official site and I am sure that this can really help you here with this. I have seen that the updated drivers sometime can really make the things happen and hence would suggest you to make this move. In addition to this I would also like you to see for the Firewall settings and see if allowing all the connections can help you with the suggestion.
Old 10-12-2010

I have tried the suggestions here but the thing is that I have not got the success. For the first time I saw that the drivers were getting updated but that updates too really did not help. I tried installing the printer drivers of the Windows 7 on the Windows XP machine hoping that can really help but that too did not help. Please can you all come up with some more suggestions? Well thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given and hope that this time you all will turn up with something useful.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,