Thread: Need Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter driver for Windows 7

Need Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter driver for Windows 7

Recently I have got this Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter and I struggling to work with this. Problem is that I am searching for the drivers to use this thing on my windows 7 operating system and I am doing this for more than two hours and not able to find a single solution for this to work. Is there any solution, so that I can use this Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter on my windows 7 operating system? I have also tested the compatibility report and the result says that it must work with windows 7, but practically this not the case. I was not getting the driver that I need hence I have installed related driver hopping that the system will work but it is not working. If you can provide any solution then it is really appreciated.

Re: Need Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter driver for Windows 7

You are right on the node that this Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter must work with windows 7 but the problem is that there are no updated drivers available for windows 7 hence you are not getting the solution for your problem. If you need to run this thing then it will be better to use this Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter in windows xp compatibility mode. For doing that you can follow these steps: First you have to right click on the program icon and then you can click on properties. After that you have to click on compatibility TAB. Then you have to go to the compatibility section and there you have to put the check mark on “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and in the drop down list you can select windows xp. That not all, then you have to go to privilege level and then put the check mark on the option of "Run this programs as an administrator on windows 7. Last step is to click on Apply and finally click on OK.

Thank you for the solution that you have provided. I have tried to run this thing on windows xp compatibility mode but there is no sign of success. I mean to say that, I have followed all the steps that you have given right from downloading the driver till running the system in windows xp mode but everything goes in vain. If you have any other solution for the problem I am facing with Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter then please let me know about that. Any ways thank for trying an attempt. Now I am waiting for another solution.

Here is the perfect solution for the problem you are facing with Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter and windows 7 operating system. All you need to do is to download the drivers for vista or xp so that you can get Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter working. You can download the drives from Belkin official site. After doing that you have to install it on your windows xp box. Then you have to copy all the driver from the location c:\programs\belkin\drivers to your windows 7 box. If you have successfully done these steps then consider that half the work is done. Then for the remaining half you have install the drivers manually using device manager and then it will work without any problem. I am sure that this is the solution you need to get rid of the problem related to Belkin F5U409 USB to Serial adapter.