Thread: How to delete the junk files in the Windows Media Player

How to delete the junk files in the Windows Media Player

I listen to songs everytime on windows media player and i have a huge library of songs in the windows media player library. Now the problem is that i have a lots of junk files in the media player and i need to delete it as soon as possible. There are various sound files like barking of dogs, doors creaking, water droplets which are the various small effects file that are used during the gaming. Now i don't want these type of junk file in my computer. Please suggest me some solution that will help me remove the files from the library as i don't have any knowledge about the deletion of such type of junk files as they are available in larger number which makes the deletion part more difficult .So suggest me some quick method for deletion.

Re: How to delete the junk files in the Windows Media Player

If you search the internet there are various applications that are available in the internet that can be used as a tool to remove the junks from the computer. One such application is the cleanafterme which is a freeware that lets you detect multiple files with a single click. It gives you a list of options that you have before the cleaning of the folder and it lets you view the file by the open button. You can view the file and decide whether to delete it or not. You can not only delete the junk files from the windows media player but also remove it from other directory as well of the windows. You can also run the command in the command prompt by typing the following 'command CleanAfterMe.exe /clean "c:\temp\clean.log” '. This solution must help you go with these application it will definitely help you.

You can also try a different method. If you are knowing the extension of the particular file then you must definitely go with this method. If you are knowing the extensions of the junk file say *.sdi, *.bak etc then you must type the extension in the search section of the windows you must list all the extensions that you are not familiar with and select the destinations at windows media player library. Now when you hit the search button it will list all the files under the particular section. All the files with that extension will be displayed what you have to do is to multiselect the files or the folder that you think are having the junk files and delete them accordingly. What this will do is that you will be getting to know which type of files are you deleting and it will not be like the other applications which will keep on deleting same useful files also.

You will be having many applications in the internet which are designed only to remove the junk files in the computer. Now what you can do is that you can probably uninstall the game if you are no longer playing the game. What the uninstallation will do is to remove all the files related to the gaming. So probably all the files related to gaming effects will be deleted and all your junk files in the library of the windows media player will be deleted. So you can go with this solution also.

I would suggest you to try with the particular software named spyboot s&d. This particular software can probably detect all the files which are temporary or junk. This software will probably detect the files and will show it to you and will delete them accordingly. You have to be careful on the use of this software because sometimes it can detect some files which are useful for you. So just try this software it will probably help you.