Thread: Dell XPS 1340: webcam stopped working

Dell XPS 1340: webcam stopped working

I bought a Dell XPS 1340, which is running under windows 7 home premium. It runs in the 64-bit system architecture. I basically use this machine for the internet access from either my home or from the office network. The machine is designed with inbuilt web cam. I occasionally use this for video chat. The problem is, the web cam is not working properly, I am not having technical knowledge, and for this I can’t able to give you the actual cause of the problem. But this problem is occurred while I was chatting with my friend yesterday, during that time the web cam suddenly stops working, a message is flashes in screen with the option that close the program. What is actual cause for the problem can anyone say? Any information on this problem will be appreciated.

Re: Dell XPS 1340: webcam stopped working

According to your problem which you written in your post, I think it should be for the software application of webcam. I had the similar issue, and by a very simple process I fixed this one. After encounter the issue, I directly un-install the software. So I also like to suggest you to un-install the software application of the web cam that you are using. Got o the control panel and under the program and feature application list select the software application which is installed for the web cam and click on uninstall, remove all the temporary and directory files from the registry editor completely, reboot the machine and fresh install the software again in to your machine, I hope this will definitely help yo9u to solve the issue.

I think this will be for the hardware issue, right click on my computer and from the properties option got o the device manager, under that select web camera driver which is installed in your machine. First of all click on search automatic for update driver version in the list, this will automatically detect the latest version of driver whether is installed in your machine or not. If you are having the current version then it will shows up you the information about the latest version. or you can also update the driver manually, I think the driver is crashed. I found in some places that this type f problem is occurs with the windows 7 platform. You can also by simply providing the machine model number and which operating system you are using able to download the web cam driver from hardware manufacturer web site. If you did found the driver then I recommend you to install, the vista compatible driver, because one of my just few months ago was facing similar issue regarding any one of the device hardware in his dell machine, but he did not found the driver which is compatible with windows7, and then he install vista compatible driver and this works fine, still now.

Hello, I have a solution for this kind of problem and would like to share with you, which found when I was facing the similar issue with my motion eye web camera in my HP laptop. This was running with windows vista platform. I recommend you to make the running mode of the webcam application in the compatibility mode; by this I think this will definitely help you. Before does this process make sure that web cam application is not running in the background of the machine. Now go to the driver installation folder and from there open the web cam driver application folder, right click on the application icon and under the properties uncheck the run the program in compatibility mode, along with that select the operating system where it will run and click on ok. Now open the web cam application. I hope this time it will not create any problem.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

It simply indicates that the web cam application is crashed; you can apply any one of process, either un-install the software or repair the application. I suggest you to repair the application. For this you need to follow very simple process to do this operation. Double click on the installed file, or run this installation by right click on the icon and select run the application with administrator. For that you need to enter the administrative password and user id from your enter in to the machine, now after appears the installation windows in your screen select the repair option, just complete the process by following some of the onscreen instructions. After that you need to reboot the machine after the repair. I hope this will definitely help you. If still the occurs them simply replace the application and install another one.

I was facing the similar issue, I thing when these type of problem occurs then two processes will taken first one of then reinstall the web cam software and the other one is update or also re-install that one. When I was facing this issue, I did the same things. But nothing is helped me, because this problem was occurred for crashing the software application, which you installed for the web cam. And if you are using any third party software then you can’t able to recover the problem with same version software application. You might be tried by update or re-install the driver which you get earlier, but instead of reinstall or update manually, if you download the web cam driver latest version from manufacture web site by simply providing the machine model number and select the operating system that you are using. But I recommend you, as per the problem posted in this thread, replace the web cam software with another version. I am using Cyberlink YouCam web cam software, and this works file with any machine specification and any manufacture driver. So you can easily download the software from the Cyberlink official web site and install it into your machine. This is a trusted software application.