Thread: How to disable pop-up window from Windows Live Messenger in Windows 7

How to disable pop-up window from Windows Live Messenger in Windows 7

I am having one issue with the Windows 7 which is asking for invitation for Windows Live Messenger. Whenever i boot my system i get a Pop up windows asking for sign-in to the Windows Live Messenger. I am not having any idea about the same as i am not using Windows Live account. I wanted to turn off this pop window. So if any one is having the solution for same then please let me know about it work with the same. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

re: How to disable pop-up window from Windows Live Messenger in Windows 7

If you are not at all using then Windows Live Messenger on your Windows 7 running then i will advise you to uninstall the program from the system which is the best method to get rid of the issue. To uninstall the same you have to go to then Start> Control Panel> Add/ Remove Program. Now find the Windows Live Messenger and click on remove button which will completely remove the program from the system and you will not get it popping up every time while you are working with the same.

You can also use some of the uninstallation utility which helps in removal of the Windows Live Messenger from the system. You can check out the below given link which might help you to know more about the

Which is the best uninstaller?

I am not agree with the above solution which is discussed about the removal of the program from then system. I have gone through the same where i am also getting the Windows Live invitation while starting the Windows 7. After getting into the more of the search regarding the solution for same i have come to know about some of the solution which might work with the same. Just go through the below given instruction and see whether it is working for you or not.
    • First Sign in into the Windows Live Messenger
    • Click on Show Menu
    • Click on Tools
    • Click on Option
    • Go to Sign in
    • Deselect "Automatically run Windows Live Messenger"

I am having one more solution to completely stop the Windows Live Messenger popping up in the start up of the Windows 7. All you have to so id to disable it from ten start. For that you have to go to the System Configuration setting and after that you have to disable it from the Startup tab. To know about the complete step you have to go with the below given instruction that will work for you properly.

• Click on Start
    • Click on Run
    • Type 'msconfig'
    • Click on OK
    • Now Go To startup tab
    • Find entry Windows Live Messenger
    • uncheck it from the list
    • Click on Apply
    • Click on OK
    • Click on Restart if prompted for same.

You can also check out the below given post for more info
    Want to disable Windows Messenger

Re: How to disable pop-up window from Windows Live Messenger in Windows 7

I have gone through all the replies which you have given me regarding the " How to disable pop-up window from Windows Live Messenger" issue of mine. And after following all the same i am not able to work without the Windows Live Pop up window. But having one more question in mind which i think that you will help me to sort out. While i was surfing i have come to know about the Windows Live Messenger 2011 up with Game Tab but not getting any enough information regarding the same. Is it possible to play the game on the Windows Live Messenger? So if you are having any information about the same then please let me also gain something from you.

For several hours, Windows Live Messenger 2011 incorporates a new platform for online games as a new tab in your instant messaging. To bring up the tab "Games" in Windows Live Messenger 2011, just clear your cache Messenger. The latter is in the temporary folder used by Windows.

To empty the cache Messenger:

• Close Windows Live Messenger 2011
    • Open the Start menu and type "% temp%" without quotes in the search box and press the Enter key
    • Delete all entries in the folder that just opened by selecting all of its contents.
    • Ignore files that can be removed
    • Reopen Windows Live Messenger 2011. The tab "Games" should appear

More about the same you can get on Windows Live Messenger 2011 up with Game Tab

Windows Live Messenger 2011 introduces a new feature from a few hours: it was adding a new tab on the games! Like the image at top of this article shows, it will be seen next to other cards that you have set that in my case are social, MSN Games and precisely.

The idea is to revive and revive the desire to play games with all Microsoft users that have the latest version of the popular instant messaging client (WLM 2011 in fact), but not limited to: the idea is also to powerfully boost the service games.msn.com made available to all Windows Live users.

Interested in games with your friends online? Windows Live Messenger 2011 has added a new feature in the case you can play games with your friends in a straight line inside the Live Messenger. Just in time for the holiday season, Windows Live Team announced a new gaming experience Windows Live Team is to add social experiences to casual games and providing a rich interactive experience, including the ability for video chat you play with your close friends and family. A new tab called games will be added to Windows Live Messenger where you can play games with friends online. You can invite friends to play with you side by side within the conversation window, or you can play solo, then challenge your friends later when you post your score.

Another new element on Social Games tab is the ability to quickly see which friends are playing online, and what are their favorite games, so you can join in a game. You can even video chat while playing with a friend and see their reactions in real time.