Thread: Windows 7 desktop background settings does not get saved

Windows 7 desktop background settings does not get saved

I am currently using a Windows 7 operating system in the hp laptop. The problem began when i changed to the windows 7 operating system. I had to change the background image of my desktop to a different image and i wanted in the stretch position. Now what happened was that when i saved the changes it just refused to accept the changes and the desktop is back to the same old image. I have tried these several times but failed everytime. Now what is the exact reason behind these. Suggest some solutions.

Re: Windows 7 desktop background settings does not get saved

Actually even i had the same problem with my computer even my changes were not getting saved. I have browsed through the internet various times in order to get some solutions. Many of them provided some solution that were showing us how to change the desktop image in the windows 7, which i was knowing. Finally i got an application from the internet that i downloaded and ran the application. The application is from the hp manufacturer's which will ultimately solve your problem. I am giving you this application just download it and run the application. Believe me it will work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you are saying that the image is not getting stretched. The Image is getting to the center and not stretched. Probably the image that you are loading for the background may be having less pixlets. The image resolution for the screen may not be supporting the image and this will not stretch the image and the image will appear only in the center. Apply the changes and see it must work for you.

If you don't get the desired result even after trying the above solutions. Then you need to contact the windows service center and talk to the technicians regarding the problem. Windows 7 does have some complications regarding the desktop issue and they are also aware of it. So if you ask them about the problem then they will surely help you out with the solution which they think is perfect for you. So it would be better if you inform them about the problem so they can get to know about the problem. Try this suggestion only when you don't get the desired result from the above solutions.