Thread: Apple: iTunes unable to minimize

Apple: iTunes unable to minimize

Hello friends, I had currently uploaded the Windows 7 and then I install the iTunes on to my system. The problem which I get with the iTunes is I cannot get iTunes minimized. I minimize to the system tray but after some time iTunes pops up again at the top of my another working windows. It is really frustrating me. I am unable to minimize the iTunes back because every now and then it pops up. Someone instructed me to put the iTunes in to the startup folder, and to right click and select run minimized, which worked for me one time but after it starts creating the problem. I like to listen the music but I can’t go like that with it. Please help.

Re: Apple: iTunes unable to minimize

There on the iTunes there may also the another option to get start the iTunes Minimize, it can be the following: From the iTunes first click on to the Edit Menu of it and in that select the option Preference, after that you should have to select the Advanced tab, at the bottom of the page you will be having the check box to check Show iTunes icon in system tray under that it will place the check Minimize iTunes window to system tray, check it and exit the iTunes. Restart it back and see whether it create change for you. Hope this will help

I do also have the same kind of problem but with some standard troubleshooting, I have managed to sort out this problem. What I did is I turned out the MSN messenger because it was creating the problem for me. The latest version of the MSN Messenger not only link to the Window Media Player but also to the iTunes. . If you have MSN running on to the system go to Tools, in tools select the Options and then untick the 'Show song information from Windows Media Player as a personal message" tick box. This will stop the iTunes auto popping up every few minutes. Hope this helps.

Have you installed the any kind of the third party desktop theme on to your system? Try to perform the clean boot and see whether the problem exists. Clean boot is the utility of the Microsoft which helps you to disable the startup programs and services when you start the Windows. After disabling all the startup programs and services with the help of the clean boot, check if the problem persists. After this if you don’t have any kind of problem then it might be the some startup program or services which was creating the problem.
    Another option to minimize the iTunes to your task bar is right click on to the taskbar and in that click toolbars, in that select the iTunes and minimize the iTunes. Hope one of them works for you