Thread: MS PowerPoint 2010 responds slow while typing

MS PowerPoint 2010 responds slow while typing

I have recently installed the Microsoft Office 2010 on my Windows 7 machine. Before this version I was using the Office 2003 which was at least working fast. Office 2010 does not gets hanged on my system but it does not work in a way as it should be. I have seen many kind of lagging while playing the games but first time I have noticed any such issue while typing the words in the MS PowerPoint 2010. Actually it types it properly but when I type bit faster then it response the my typing bit slower as word goes on typing for 4-5 seconds even after I have stopped typing it. This issue happens randomly, Mostly when I have opened any existing file from the load network. Can you guys tell me why PowerPoint works slow while user starts typing?

Re: MS PowerPoint 2010 responds slow while typing

I have seen the same thing happening on my MS Word 2010 when I type rapidly. Actually I cannot say that I am overtaking the responsiveness of the Word while typing as it is not at all like that we guys are typing do fast that the an applications seems to be working slow in front of us. Rather it must be some issue with an application itself. I am a professional writer who needs to be faster for writing the documents. Now as word have started such a strange problem, I have to forcefully type bit slower then my normal speed. Can anybody tell me that what has happened to this new office applications?

I think there is nothing to worry about the application which you are using to type the words. Instead it could be something else due to which your applications are not able to perform faster. I mean to say there could be some malicious process running continuously on your windows machine which is not letting any application to get the required amount of resources. I suggest you to open the Task Manager when you are find this issue next time. In the Task Manager, you have to check that which process is using bigger amount of your CPU due to which CPU resources are getting distributed with the Microsoft application. I think you should scan your machine by using any good anti virus software and then remove all the detected viruses out of it. Keep in mind that the Offspon.exe is not a malware you don't have to worry about this process as it is just used for displaying the ads on your microsoft application.

Running any application faster on the windows computer system depends on an operating system which you have installed on it and hardware which is supporting an operating system. This kind of issue can appear if your machine does not has enough amount of RAM support and hence the whole operating system works slow. Now you must be knowing that the Desktop where you select an image file gets converted into OS compatible file for displaying as a desktop. Again the desktop which also plays role in slowing down your machine if the file you have chosen as a desktop background is bigger in size. I have seen such issues when I type in Word but as soon as it happens, I change my desktop background to blank which seems to be making my pc faster. You may try doing the same on your windows 7 machine which could be useful for you too.

There are some features provided in the Microsoft applications which need to working as you go on typing the words such as Spell Check. So if you type with the rapidness then it might happen that your ms office works slower in order to do two things at the same time namely, showing the typed word with and checking the spelling of the same. I suggest you to disable such features and then check that it works or not. And there is one more possibility that the file which you are currently using has been saved on the network then as soon as there is any issue with the network, all the application running the file from that network gets affected. Check your network status.