Thread: Not able to connect my Router WRVS4400N.

Not able to connect my Router WRVS4400N.

My problem is this I have a linksys wireless router WRVS4400N has set 64-bit WEP password, channel 6 and wireless protocol is 802.11b. Joint allows the detail and then try to connect from a computer system with the card-G2 Encore ENLWI, but the problem is that it is not allowing me to put the password in short I am not able to connect and nothing can be done to resolve this issue. What can be done to solve the issue that I am facing? See I am not a networking expert hence need an easy solution for solving this problem. Thanks in advance for any related help.

Re: Not able to connect my Router WRVS4400N.

Well the solution that I am giving might not be the correct one but it can help you to solve the problem for the time being. Try to connect automatically (tcp), without any filter (mac and ip) without password (key) and it is not, I think the card is dead; I mean that it is not working. On the other hand if want the other way round then you can alter the wep to wpa but for that you will require some technical knowledge. If you can do this then try this or else you can go for the first solution that I have given you.

I am quite confused, because these days I am trying to run vpn, but with little results. The configuration is as follows: Office
    ---------------------------------------------
    Old zyxel router 192.168.1.1
    Linksys WRVS4400N with wan 192.168.1.2
    Lan 192.4.0.250
    Network 192.4.0.x
    Home
    Linksys WAG200G router 192.168.1.254
    PC must be connected to 192.168.1.65
    Now both have ADSL static ip, but the real problem is that the software QuickVPN says I am connected (WRVS4400N and I confirmed the other side), but I cannot ping anything or even to browse the network. These are the standard attempts that I have made them all. PC firewall is removed and antivirus is disabled. Firewall-disabled from all your linksys (router zyxel does not have it). Activated vpn pass-through on all appliances and 2 ports on the linksys and turned on the WRVS4400N ZyXEL. Updated firmware and software updated quinckvpn. I also replaced the router with a linksys WAG54GS zyxel, but nothing is happening. I am hoping for some enlightening advice from your side.

You should check for the firmware. I mean to say that you have updated firmware of your system or not. If you have not updated then you have to update that thing. You should all the firmware and it will be better to download the latest version of the site QuickVPN linksys: in fact WRVS4400N V 01/01/2003, WAG200G V 1:01:06, QuickVPN V 1.1.0, changing a bit 'configurations are able to understand something. I understand that the software QuickVPN connects and logs on the WRVS4400N and if I set it as a DNS server it resolves the names.